Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

On the Potomac...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Potomac...

What the heck?!

The Coast Guard has just engaged with a boat on the Potomac and fired upon it.

I hope this is nothing. Very unfortunate timing.

These people are flipping IDIOTS. The Coast Guard is now saying that it was a training exercise.

SERIOUSLY...did no one think that training exercise involving shooting weapons on the Potomac on 9/11 did not seem like a really STUPID IDEA?!!?!

Geez! Ranks right up there with the "photo-op" with a low-flying plane taken over NYC, that caused panic. (Apparently, the White House wanted the picture, and had never heard of PhotoShop).

Who's running this ship?!?!?

Yes, please, please. Put the federal government in charge of our healthcare. They clearly aren't completely overwhelmed by simple things like...calendars.
    Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 09-11-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I don't trust the government enough to believe that it was a training exercise. I'm guessing it's either something that they want to remain classified and not real details throughout the media or they accidentally fired at an FBI boat, or some other vehicle belonging to the US. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but did work for and with the government just long enough to realize that sometimes, they want to have it look like they're complete idiots.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Yeah it all seems a bit fishy to me too... Im not so sure I believe it was just a training exercise. I'm not a conspiracy theory person either, but thats just a bit odd that they would do something like that on sept 11th... Just my feelings.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post

Yes, please, please. Put the federal government in charge of our healthcare. They clearly aren't completely overwhelmed by simple things like...calendars.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
            Yeah it all seems a bit fishy to me too... Im not so sure I believe it was just a training exercise. I'm not a conspiracy theory person either, but thats just a bit odd that they would do something like that on sept 11th... Just my feelings.
            Man, you guys are freaking me out. I really hope it was just a bad judgment call re: timing!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              These people are flipping IDIOTS. The Coast Guard is now saying that it was a training exercise.

SERIOUSLY...did no one think that training exercise involving shooting weapons on the Potomac on 9/11 did not seem like a really STUPID IDEA?!!?!

Geez! Ranks right up there with the "photo-op" with a low-flying plane taken over NYC, that caused panic. (Apparently, the White House wanted the picture, and had never heard of PhotoShop).

Who's running this ship?!?!?

That's totally what I was reminded of as well when I read your initial post! They didn't even tell the mayor they were going to do it. And I don't get what's so great about the photos.

Anyway - whatever it is, I hope it's over now and all is well.
              Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

They're saying that no shots were fired and that it was a routine training mission. I can attest that the Coast Guard does training along side the DC Boat Police nearly every day. (we used to live right there)

Now, was it smart for the Coast Guard to do this training today? Probably not. But the good news is that it maybe means that 9/11 hysteria has tamped down. You can't live in DC or NYC without accepting that there will be another attack someday and if you want to walk the dog on the Mall, go ahead.

The Navy Yard and Bolling AFB are on the water as is Ft. McNair, the Coast Guard, the DC Boat Police and the Capitol Police.

They're keeping watch for a USS Cole type attack.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                  I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but did work for and with the government just long enough to realize that sometimes, they want to have it look like they're complete idiots.
                  I agree, I think they look like idiots on purpose quite a bit. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a conspiracy, but come on... there are some supremely stupid people in this country who like to blow things waaaaay out of proportion, and if they really knew what all went on around here it would be mass chaos 24/7. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves.

That's my cynical rant for the day.
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                    They're keeping watch for a USS Cole type attack.
                    God be with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X