Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh, no. They found that girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, no. They found that girl...

Annie Le, the PharmD student at Yale who disappeared last week (right before her wedding), has been found. Her body was secreted in a wall in the medical school.

Wow. For some reason (against all common sense), I was really hoping the outcome would be different. I am not sure why I felt connected to the story. Maybe it's because we've had several close Asian-American female friends who are medical or PharmD students. Something about Ms. Le's picture just seemed warm and familiar. The description of her outgoing and charming personality--she just bore this resemblance to and sounded so much like some very good friends of ours. I know it's stupid and superficial, but I just felt an interest in the story, based on what she looked like and how she was described.

I am really sad for this poor young woman's family...especially her fiance.

You know, I've been watching Law & Order and CSI all afternoon... and I'm still floored that things like this actually happen.

I just don't understand how anyone could do something like this. How awful. I hope they find her killer asap.
    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

How tragic. I thought that there was a chance it could have a different ending.

My thought was that she disappeared herself and that it wasn't likely that something would happen in the medical school - how frightening! I hope they can look at tapes and figure it out - I cannot even imagine the nerves in that school right now!

So so sad.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear she wasn't found alive.

I wanted to say that I to have heard of news stories/victims that are really hard to shake off. One was a story of woman thrown over (by her boyfriend) the George Bush toll way bridge onto the North toll way in Dallas. The other was a story of a man that accidentally hit and killed a 12 year old girl on a small two lane country highway in Mississippi. It was a situation where the little girl shouldn't have been walking on the highway with her friends. The man didn't have time to stop. He got out of his truck and discovered that the little girl was his niece. I still pray for these people even tho I never knew their names.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I just saw that - so sad, and to find her body on what was supposed to be her wedding day. Just terrible
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
            One was a story of woman thrown over (by her boyfriend) the George Bush toll way bridge onto the North toll way in Dallas.
            Oh, geez. I know the exact story you're talking about. About 5 or 6 years ago, right? Some guy and his girlfriend got into a fight in standstill traffic; she fled the car; he pitched her over the overpass, right? That was just horrific. A friend of mine was caught in the traffic underneath and was one of the cars passing by as it happened.

Maybe I'm confusing it with another such episode, but I definitely remember a similar incident happening in Dallas a few years back. So awful.

Comment

Ugh, that is just sick. I was really hoping she would be okay. I have to wonder if it was some creepy stalked who knew she was getting married shortly.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

So absolutely terrible
                I didn't know that they found her body... I hope that they find whoever did this. So heartbreaking.

Comment

And now I just saw this:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri...om.killed.wral

I swear, we are going to hole ourselves up in padded rooms or something in the week before our wedding.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                    Oh, geez. I know the exact story you're talking about. About 5 or 6 years ago, right? Some guy and his girlfriend got into a fight in standstill traffic; she fled the car; he pitched her over the overpass, right? That was just horrific. A friend of mine was caught in the traffic underneath and was one of the cars passing by as it happened.

Maybe I'm confusing it with another such episode, but I definitely remember a similar incident happening in Dallas a few years back. So awful.
                    THAT IS THE EXACT STORY! To this DAY I think about that poor woman. I never even knew her name. I was driving from Keller to Denton when I heard about it on the radio. I don't think I saw a news report about it on TV, but I'll never get that story out of my mind. I remember the news radio reported that good samaritans had pulled over and started running towards them (I guess as he was beating her/her trying to run from him). Right after he tossed her over he saw the good sameritains running after him and then he jumped. I think it happened in '04. I still pray for that woman's family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      And now I just saw this:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri...om.killed.wral

I swear, we are going to hole ourselves up in padded rooms or something in the week before our wedding.
                      That link when to a Nascar video.

Was it about this story that just aired on my local news (here in Eastern N.C.)?
                      http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/59142642.html#
                      Video of the bride talking is on the upper right side of the window (if my link works).
                      -----
                      A North Carolina groom on his way to breakfast with his groomsmen hours before his wedding has been killed after the car he was riding in was hit by another vehicle.

Authorities tell WRAL-TV that 28-year-old Christopher Raynor was ejected from the vehicle Saturday when another car slammed into it after running a red light in Raleigh.

WRAL is reporting the other driver, an Asheville man named James Howard Early, is charged with a red light violation and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.

Father Salvatore Busichio says he was to marry Raynor to Karen Taylor at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart Church.

Busichio says he told guests about the wreck and the wedding turned into a memorial service for Raynor.

Busichio says the bride also spoke, saying she will always love Raynor.

Raynor was a former ECU student and a member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity.
                      -------

Comment

Yes--that was it. Stories like that really freak me out. I hated Catch and Release

Comment

Oh my goodness, so incredibly sad
                          I can't even imagine what the bride would do????

Comment

Originally posted by AmberW View Post
                            Oh my goodness, so incredibly sad
                            I can't even imagine what the bride would do????
                            According to our local paper, the wedding ceremony was converted to a memorial service at the last minute. The bride attended and even spoke. I can't imagine the strength that took.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1688404.html

Comment

The story of the poor girl at Yale immediately reminded me of this case from less than two months ago...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/nyregion/12body.html

It's tragic and terrifying. You'd think you'd be safe inside your own office building or medical school.
                              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                              X