Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh, no. They found that girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a tragic ending to a sad story. From what I heard on the Today show this morning, the lab she was last seen in at Yale requires a badge to access the building, so it seems to me as though this definitely wasn't random. I wonder who would do such a thing without anyone noticing? I know when DH was doing his lab work, there was ALWAYS someone around in a nearby lab no matter what time of the day it was. I'm really hoping a witness comes forward.
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

It sounds like they have a suspect, another student - defensive wounds and he failed a polygraph. So sad.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

When I was in grad school, we had some very deserted lab spaces. I loved them....but I can see how this could happen. You come in at odd hours for some experiment and often there was no one around. Great for blasting music; not so great for security. I suppose it depends on the lab environment. Sad story. What's with the "secreted in a wall"? How was she found?
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
          . . . the "secreted in a wall"? How was she found?
          Yeah, that's cop-speak. In my post, I wrote that, just parroting the police department spokeswoman (not sure why--I guess I was just trying not to embellish beyond the details provided by the police). (No normal person uses "secret" in it verb form.) It's a technical way of saying "hidden intentionally for the purpose of deceiving as to location." That is, the hidden nature of the body was not by accident.

Basically, somebody shoved her body into a wall, in between the layers of drywall, it sounds like.

Can you imagine her finance and family's agony, to know that her body laid, crammed into a wall, for days? How to you come to peace with that?

Comment

No, it was a utility space in the basement. Some of these old buildings have openings in basement walls where utilities/plumbing/electic can be accessed. They were looking for her in the furnace room when they made the discovery.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

They are now talking about a lab tech that worked with her and the possibility of an unrequited love. The whole story is just sickening.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

People in town have been all up in arms about this story since she went missing last Tuesday. If you want to see some quality coverage of it without media frenzy, check out
                http://www.newhavenindependent.org
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

But check out the story below that:

A Yale School of Medicine psychiatry resident appears in court Thursday after he allegedly threatened to shoot up a State Street bar — and after cops confiscated an “arsenal” of assault weapons and ammunition from his Mechanic Street home.

Thanks for the link.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                  X