Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Medical Student Spouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Student Spouses

The Pediatrics Forum for Medical Student Spouses is now viewable only by members who have spouses preparing to attend medical school or who are in medical school. I have tried to place a few members in this group already. If you would like access, please PM.

We will be changing the board access for the colonoscopy and geriatrics forums as well to include only members who are in that particular phase of training.

This will allow for more open conversation within these groups. The med student spouses won't have to worry about us old farts jumping in and the old farts can discuss issues related to being finished with training, etc within their own realm of privacy.

Thanks for this suggestion.

Once I have the pediatrics forum sorted, I'll get to the other layers.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Please add me to the peds board!
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

So just for clarification.... if we are looking for advice outside of our "stage" we will now need to post it in the call room?

And the call room is still private to members only - but viewable by everyone regardles of what stage?
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
        So just for clarification.... if we are looking for advice outside of our "stage" we will now need to post it in the call room?

And the call room is still private to members only - but viewable by everyone regardles of what stage?

To clarify...you can post any question that you have anywhere on the boards including the call room if you have access. IF, however, you want to post a question/have a discussion about medical school, applying to medical school, the match or anything else that you ONLY want to discuss in a private realm with members that are only medical student spouses, then you can post in the pediatrics forum ... and breathe easy knowing that your benign question might not end in a 7 page debate You are free to post in the pediatrics forum where only medical spouses have access if you need an extra layer of privacy! You don't have to.

We will do this for the colonoscopy and geriatrics areas as well.

I hope everyone will be happy that we finally broke down and did this after all of this time. It was the original intention of the center for regenerative medicine, but we never managed to get it going after the transition.

The admins can't read posts in the forums, so any problems or issues will need to be reported via PM!

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          Great idea Kris - and thank you for all of the work you do here!!!!
          Ditto. And Kris, you have a PM.
          Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I think it's an awesome idea, Kris. I know I often feel like I'm sitting in my rocker, yelling "back in MY day ...." , so I generally try to stay out of those kinds of threads, but the opinionated wench in me has a hard time. I think this will work nicely.

Comment

and it will prevent all of us who managed to make it through residency relatively unscathed BEFORE the 80 hour workweeks from responding 'oh, yeah, you think THAT's hard...' which serves no purpose but to make us biddies feel better.

jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                and it will prevent all of us who managed to make it through residency relatively unscathed BEFORE the 80 hour workweeks from responding 'oh, yeah, you think THAT's hard...' which serves no purpose but to make us biddies feel better.

jenn

LOL you mean those of us who think we managed to get through relatively unscathed who are currently engaging new members just starting out in 7 page debates about whether or not a medical school is more malignant than another? LOL

Seriously...let's call it what it is...we need help!

Kris

Comment

I am still not able to PM, so please add me to the peds board. Thanks
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Seriously? I thought I was able to fix that. I'll look again. How strange.

I think I added everyone who has asked so far. I had to add myself to the group to figure it out because of an error message that was making it impossible to view threads. Once all bugs are gone, I'll remove myself again. I just want to make sure it is working.

I'll check on the pm thing.

Kris

Comment

Hmm..just to let you know, I'm still able to view the colonoscopy section...
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post

I think I added everyone who has asked so far.

Kris
                        I still can't access it...
                        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                          Hmm..just to let you know, I'm still able to view the colonoscopy section...
                          I think that's to be expected.

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          Once I have the pediatrics forum sorted, I'll get to the other layers.
                          Alison

Comment

Me too, please.

Comment

Try again to access it.

Everyone who wants access should try and pop in and see if they are able to read all of the threads and respond.

Alison is right. I haven't gotten to the privatizing of the other forums yet. My brain isn't as flexible as it once was and I have to take things a step at a time. As it is, I somehow managed to lock myself out of all of the forums, had to login as the general administrator and unlock myself.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X