Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Patrick Swazye died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so sad. The fact that he fought for almost two years was amazing. He just wouldn't give up.

He said that when he got the part for his new program "Beast", he didn't tell them he had cancer. He just wanted a normal life during the time he had left.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

And an accomplished horseman. I'm not an Arab lover...but he had some beauties. I'm certain he even made it to the Scottsdale show a few months ago. (BIG deal in the Arab world)
      RIP, Patrick. You put up one hell of a fight!
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I saw this last night on the front page of MSN and damn neared cried. I knew it was inevitable but I liked him so much I don't think I would have ever been ready.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

This is such a loss - he had so much more to offer the world. I am proud that he went with so much grace and honor.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Feeling great sadness here. One of my favorite movies in the past 20 years was Ghost.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This is what I remember most about Patrick Swayze, his complete devotion to his wife and marriage of 34 years. A very rare thing in Hollywood.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
              The late Patrick Swayze left behind a powerful love letter to his wife of 34 years in his upcoming memoir, “The Time of My Life.”

“How grateful I am that you chose to love me,” the actor wrote, according to ABC’s Good Morning America, which played an audio clip of the actor reading from his memoir on Wednesday.

“I know that because of you, I’ve found my spirit. I saw the man I wanted to be,” Swayze continued in the audio clip of the book, which is due out on September 29. “You are my woman, my lover, my mate and my lady. I loved you forever, I love you now and I will love you forever more.”

Patrick was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in January 2008 and underwent chemotherapy, while continuing to work a grueling acting schedule, playing FBI agent Charles Barker in the A&E drama “The Beast.” He passed away on Monday.

Swayze was 57.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

So true. I remember them dancing together -- I think on SNL.

Comment

Working...
                X