Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Personality Types... Which one are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personality Types... Which one are you?

My friend gave me this website about color coded personality types... I found it very interesting and right on key with who I am and who DF is. http://www.vantageseminars.com/ I am a Blue person. Here is a quote about Blue that fits me quite accurately:

I believe that my most important goal in life is to touch others and to contribute in making this a better world for us all. I am unique and authentic. I value my relationships and reach out to others through my warmth, compassion and caring. I am an idealist and quite intuitive. I look for unity and harmony and love teamwork. I value caring and sharing with others in order to help them realize their dreams and unlimited potential.

If you are up for it see which one you are and post it here
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

If anyone has done a Myers-Briggs, I am an INTJ.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post

I am ENFJ:

"You are warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. You are highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and... motivations of others. You find potential in everyone, and want to help others fulfill their potential. You may act as a catalyst for individual and group growth. You are loyal, and are responsive to praise and criticism. You are sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership. Famous people with your same ENFJ personality include: Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Dick Van Dyke, Diane Sawyer, Peyton Manning, Pete Sampras, Johnny Depp, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr."
      Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

I've done the Gary Smalley personality test and scored exactly half lion and half golden retriever. It translates to half gold half blue in the colors test.

Here is a chart with the different test equivalents:

http://ylcf.org/you/personality/equivalents/
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Orange.

Matches my hair. or it will after this weekend. i'm cutting it all off and doing the henna thing now that i don't have to be Ms. Conservative QA person for a while.

j

Comment

Is there a quiz for the colors thing? Just going by descriptions I can't decide between green/gold/orange.

I score at cusp (between 45% and 55%) on three of four MB indicators. I think I'm a ??N? or maybe a ???P. I also find that it depends on my mood when I take the test and what I've been doing for the last three months, especially how extroverted I wind up.

I like this personality test, that I found out about recently (a bit long though)-

http://www.personal.psu.edu/j5j/IPIP/ipipneo120.htm

What I like about it is that it gives qualitative responses without nailing things down to a type. (Though I suppose other people might find that infuriating.)

Comment

ENTJ here....

I think they categorized me as "chef" or "garbage man" or something...

Comment

im green & yellow

more green that yellow i guess

so heres the green part of me
                I believe in remaining calm, cool and collected in any situation. I value knowledge and learning and enjoy passing that knowledge onto others. I am intelligent and logical and can be a perfectionist. I am analytical and enjoy thinking things through. I want to explore all avenues in my inventive ways before committing myself or making a decision. I prefer to look at the big picture first and can constantly be counted on to provide logical answers.

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
                  Me too! I"m told female INTJs are quite rare.

Reading the colors thing, it looks like I'm somewhere in between green and yellow, probably with slightly more emphasis on the green. Was there a test for the colors one? I just based my answer off the descriptions.
                  Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                    I think they categorized me as "chef" or "garbage man" or something...

In our house they're surprisingly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_ View Post

http://www.personal.psu.edu/j5j/IPIP/ipipneo120.htm

What I like about it is that it gives qualitative responses without nailing things down to a type. (Though I suppose other people might find that infuriating.)

Actually, I thought it was a great test. Here's what it said about me:
                      Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.
                      I think my DH would challenge the "you're not a chatterbox" part of this.

Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.
                      Um, yeah...ask DH about that one, too.

Your score on Conscientiousness is high. This means you set clear goals and pursue them with determination. People regard you as reliable and hard-working.
                      Your score on Neuroticism is low, indicating that you are exceptionally calm, composed and unflappable. You do not react with intense emotions, even to situations that most people would describe as stressful.
                      Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.
                      Woo hoo. I can now wallow in my own mediocrity. Not an intellectual. Hmph.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        Actually, I thought it was a great test. Here's what it said about me:I think my DH would challenge the "you're not a chatterbox" part of this.

Um, yeah...ask DH about that one, too.

Woo hoo. I can now wallow in my own mediocrity. Not an intellectual. Hmph.
                        Actually a high conscientiousness and low neuroticism is a powerful combination. It's highly correlated with good lifetime outcomes like longevity, wealth etc. -- by some studies, it's a stronger predictive factor that years of education and socioeconomic status, which are pretty strong predictors themselves.

Medium on openness to experience is kinda .. meh .. you might be a bit conservative about some things, not necessarily politics, but maybe hairstyle or food choices.

Comment

When I read the results off to DH last night before bed his only response was a dead-pan, "You have to answer the questions honestly, dear."

Comment

Your score on Extraversion is average, indicating you are neither a subdued loner nor a jovial chatterbox. You enjoy time with others but also time alone.

Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising.

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Your score on Neuroticism is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.

Sounds about right...
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I'm an ISTJ here. I just don't know how much stock I put into it, there is so much more to a person.

Comment

Working...
                              X