Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Human Pests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Pests

How do you get rid of unwanted "house guests"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Human Pests

Oh yeah before I forget, this is another hypothetical question, and has nothing to do with my current living conditions

Comment

Bama, you have may have noticed this group really isn't comfortable with hypotheticals. This is more like a support group for medical spouses/partners in the trenches so to speak. If you look around, you'll see lots of people asking for advise about real life situations from those that have BTDT. Sure, there is some cheerful banter here and there too about current events and such but that's just fun and is really not the purpose of this group.

Throwing out a hypothetical here is sort of like walking into AA and saying to folks that have assembled there for help "Just wondering, what would you do if your spouse came home blinding drunk every night?" There are obviously folks in that meeting that are dealing with or have delt with those circumstances. And while those folks would be supportive of others going through that situation, they may not be open to discussing their experience or thoughts on the matter with someone that was just curious.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I thought no one liked emotional hypothetical questions. Now you say this is a "support" forum as if the only things you are allowed to discuss are things of a personal nature.

Now I know that's not true because there are plenty of threads on this site that have absolutly nothing at all to do with advise... I see nothing wrong with the questions I ask, I mean what's wrong with thinking and answering a question that has nothing to do with trials & tribulations?

Personally I believe I'm catching alot of flack due to the generation gap between myself and most that post on here. Currently I have no need for any advice...

So does that mean I shouldn't post? Did it ever accur to you (as in anyone reading this) that my questions may help me determine who's advice I'll follow in the event that I ever really need any? I don't know anyone here so I ask questions to get an understanding of who you "really" are!

Telling me you're Jane/John Doe from so-n-so doesn't really tell me about you as a person, but my hypothetical questions do...

I made this one less personal (so I thought) so ppl would feel more comfortable answering and maybe not get my thread closed like the last one.

I haven't even been here a week (only really been posting here for 3 days) and no one here likes me! Wheres the freak'n "support" in that?

Comment

I'll answer my own question...

Askmen.com says, give them chores to do. I know if it were me staying with someone else for an extended period of tine I'd be more inclined to hurry up and leave if I had to work "lol"

Comment

Working...
          X