Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Are there any rules as far as language and using explicitives? Because once or twice I have used a potty word and just *ed out a letter in the word. I apologize if I have offended anyone, and I know I should be more eloquent and there are better adjectives to use, but sometimes I am just not that creative.
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

We have had this debate before. A few years ago, I think? I'm certain all but one person...who out of respect..I won't name had a problem with it. The members nanny Internet thing would not allow the posts to be read fully.
    So, every now and again...I think it's ok. In moderation.
    Says the sailor....
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

We've all (well, most of us) have dropped the F bomb or other word a time or two. I try to refrain but there are time when I'm steaming mad about something and it gets typed. I try to go back and edit when I can.

There's no hard and fast rule though because sometimes you just have to get it out.

Jenn

Comment

A potty-mouth is a terrible thing to waste!

I'm absolutely no help because the F-bomb is my all-time favorite word, and when used appropriately, can be quite effective.
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
          A potty-mouth is a terrible thing to waste! .
          Do you know how hard it is to stop swearing once the school year starts back up...I almost dropped an f-bomb in front of my students (burnt my arm on a cookie-sheet)
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
            Do you know how hard it is to stop swearing once the school year starts back up...I almost dropped an f-bomb in front of my students (burnt my arm on a cookie-sheet)
            Thanks that put a big smile on my face - my language only seems to get worse with work....
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

What we need is an emoticon that IS a potty...with an opening/shutting lid, with "#^@%#&$*!!" coming out from the toliet in a cartoon word bubble. Every time we feel like being completely vuglar, let the potty loose!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                What we need is an emoticon that IS a potty...with an opening/shutting lid, with "#^@%#&$*!!" coming out from the toliet in a cartoon word bubble. Every time we feel like being completely vuglar, let the potty loose!
                but then I wouldnt get to use my fun words like, oh stairs, frying pans, and flippen fliers! (J loves to make fun of me and the random curses I come up with... as an elementary teacher I have a lot!) No, I agree, that would be a great emoticon.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                  Abigail I LOVE your awesome ability to paint a picture of these kinds of things!

Jaime I'm with you on the F bomb, it's really my favorite word and I have a difficult time refraining myself sometimes!
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I have been known to drop an F-bomb or two around my teenage stepsons, and they think it's hysterical. I do watch my mouth around my 7-year-old, but the teenagers, not so much. I'm sure their mother has told them what a bad influence I am.
                    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

F-bomb? Vat izz diss "F-bomb" for vich you speek?

Actually, I have had to curb my "oilfield" vernacular around the house...has been replaced by "FffffOwwy", "Mother Francis", and "Sunny Beaches"...

I stub my toe a lot...

RB

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                        F-bomb? Vat izz diss "F-bomb" for vich you speek?

Actually, I have had to curb my "oilfield" vernacular around the house...has been replaced by "FffffOwwy", "Mother Francis", and "Sunny Beaches"...

I stub my toe a lot...

RB

My dad is a Marine (well retired). Anyway, this reminded me of the fun and creative things he would come up with when he was around my brother and I: Jimny Crickets, Holy Mackeral of a Fish, For the Love of Pete, For Christmas Sake, Son of Mount Fuji.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
                          I have been known to drop an F-bomb or two around my teenage stepsons, and they think it's hysterical. I do watch my mouth around my 7-year-old, but the teenagers, not so much. I'm sure their mother has told them what a bad influence I am.
                          So does that make you the wicked stepmother, then?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
                            A dear friend of mine used to say "Got Dandruff. Someofititches!"

Comment

I swear far more than I should.

I had an teacher who was terrifying to say the least. She would blow up all the time. He favourites were 'Judas Iscariot', 'Stone the Crows', 'There'll be wigs on the green'.

Every one of her former students can quote them.
                              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                              X