Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jane View Post
    It can be either, or when you're mad it can be "damn'" ....
    hahaha...I love it!!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

HAHA!

Its funny... I always thought it was "Darling Husband, Darling Wife etc" too!

So.....on for my question, what is PGY and all of the other acronyms that you all use in your signatures?

I mean i figured out that MS1, MS2 means medical school 1st year etc....

Comment

PGY is post graduate year, so my husband is in his 6th year of residency or PGY-6.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

aha!! That makes so much sense now...why couldnt I get that before?

Comment

Don't worry - it's all very confusing. Then your DH may come home using his own acronym for his "stage" in training... For example, in anesthesiology, they have four years: Intern, then CA1 - CA3. (CA is Clinical Anesthesia.) So he always says he's a CA1, but has to clarify to people that it's his second year of his residency program. I think the PGY system makes so much more sense!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
              Don't worry - it's all very confusing. Then your DH may come home using his own acronym for his "stage" in training... For example, in anesthesiology, they have four years: Intern, then CA1 - CA3. (CA is Clinical Anesthesia.) So he always says he's a CA1, but has to clarify to people that it's his second year of his residency program. I think the PGY system makes so much more sense!
              Right, and pediatrics uses PL (pediatric level, I think). So my husband is a PL-1.

I was out with a bunch of the residents last night, and they were complaining about not knowing what all of the nursing acronyms mean.

"Are you the nurse for this patient?"
              "No, I'm just a CNA."
              "Uh, ok... does that mean you can do this thing for me?"
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Speaking of acronyms:

I went to my husband's radiology year-end celebration, and some of the docs were talking about a really hard case. One doc was saying that her report was so horrible and it went like this (I'm making up letters, but it sounded like), "WJL, PNQ, MFY, DRB, etc." She said that she wasn't sure if she was right, but she was so sad for the patient and their family. I spoke up (being the smarty pants that I am) and said, "Maybe you should have just written OMG and left it at that." **crickets chirping** Then, one resident finally chuckled, and then everyone started cracking up... nerds!

Comment

Originally posted by allibees View Post
                  Speaking of acronyms:

I went to my husband's radiology year-end celebration, and some of the docs were talking about a really hard case. One was saying that her report was so horrible and it went like this (I'm making up letters, but it sounded like, "WJL, PNQ, MFY, DRB, etc." She said that she wasn't sure if she was right, but she was so sad for the patient and their family. I spoke up (being the smarty pants that I am) and said, "Maybe you should have just written OMG and left it at that." **crickets chirping** Then, one resident finally chuckled, and then everyone started cracking up... nerds!
                  Wow sounds like my DH will be a perfect RAD. He is such a nerd too!!
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X