Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Concert at Giants Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert at Giants Stadium

DH and I are going to see U2 this evening at Giants Stadium, NJ. We are driving 2-3 hours there (depending on traffic) and back afterwards

We're both working until 5 this evening and working tomorrow. Crazy, I know but the concert was originally for Friday and was changed to today. At this point we'll be happy to see at least some of it.

My question is, what is parking like there? Has anyone been for a concert or when it's almost full to capacity? What are our chances of getting parking onsite? I don't mind parking offsite but I'm worried about time.

I'm looking forward to it but this date change had thrown us for a loop and kinda ruined our plans.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of onsite parking. The Meadowlands complex is HUGE. I've been to events at Continential Airlines Arena (or whatever the heck they're calling it now) where it was at capacity and we had no problem with onsite parking. We might have had to walk a distance to our car, but it was usually with 5K other people. We even once got to park in the massive parking deck next to CAA - a short walk, which was great.

Not as familiar with Giants Stadium parking though. The only times I've been there, it's been for marching band events. The general mode of transport for a marching band is a bus. I still think there's a lot of onsite parking though. Might need someone who's been to a big concert or Giants/Jets games there to chime in.

Sounds like an awesome concert! Enjoy!!
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

They used to open up the lots at Brendan Byrne (dunno what it's called now) and the racetrack and the stadium. If you were lucky you got to park at the stadium and not have to walk. o/w the walk could be significant. I've seen tons of shows at brendan byrne and at giants stadium. lots of room for tailgating, and those circular ramps at each corner of the stadium are a trip.
      Warning: The NJ turnpike is a nightmare during giants stadium events - try to take the local roads if you know them. Or better yet, take public transportation - I think NJ transit started a train to the meadowlands since I've escaped the garden state. The masses leaving the parking lots after a show can be a positive nightmare.
      Have fun!
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Thank you both for the advice!! I will try and avoid the turnpike. I wanted to take the train but it goes through Penn station and it may take longer than driving. I'll take my chances. Once parking is available, I don't mind a bit of a walk.

I'm soo excited now. Last time I saw U2, I got crushed and separated from my friends (in a crowd of 120,000) so it was kinda ruined for me.

Comment

I just saw this thread, but hope you enjoyed the concert.

Comment

It was fantastic!! They sounded great. The stage was amazing. Played lots of their older stuff, which I prefer.

We did the offsite parking and took the shuttle. It was very well organized. 2hrs 45mins travel time there and back, not bad!

Can't wait for next years tour.

Comment

Awesome!!!

What old stuff did they do?!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Here's the setlist:
                Breathe
                Magnificent
                Get On Your Boots
                Mysterious Ways
                I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
                She’s The One"/"Desire
                Elevation
                Your Blue Room
                Beautiful Day
                No Line on the Horizon
                New Year’s Day
                Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
                The Unforgettable Fire
                City Of Blinding Lights
                Vertigo
                I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
                Sunday Bloody Sunday
                MLK
                Walk On

Encores:
                One
                Amazing Grace/Where the Streets Have No Name
                Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
                With Or Without You
                Moment of Surrender

'Where the Streets Have No Name' and 'With or Without You' were especially beautiful.

This new 360 stage is a must see for fans. It's the only one of it's kind. Between that and Bono's jacket with lasers all over it, it was wonderful to see.

Comment

Oh man, I need to get to a U2 concert...
                  I love Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, and With or Without You.

You lucky duck, you!!!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

New dates for the 2010 U.S tour should be released shortly. I think they'll around the same time next year.

Sunday Bloody Sunday is one of my favourites too, brings tears to my eyes. It was kind of uncomfortable seeing people react to the song when they played it though. Dh said "I wonder how many people know what it's really about"

Comment

Working...
                    X