Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bollywood Dancing on Oprah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollywood Dancing on Oprah

Monday (the 28th)

Annnnnd dh's cousin's best friend is dancing!! She's got her own Bollywood dance studio in DC (Dhoonya Dance), and somehow landed this gig on Oprah for Monday (she'll be the one with curly hair).

http://www.dhoonyadance.com/

Watch it!

(also take note that this is SOOOO much cooler than when SIL was on Tyra doing Bollywood dancing).

Re: Bollywood Dancing on Oprah

That's awesome!! I will set up the DVR!!!

Comment

Ohhh!!! I can't wait to watch it.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Ohhh I can't wait Will definitely be watching!

Comment

Glad I saw this - going to watch it in a few minutes

Comment

I'm watching out for this, since I love bhangra. It's a good reminder of why I never watch Oprah. Holy moly, she drives me crazy.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Yeah, me too. I DVR'd it and just watched the Ash/AB interview and the dancers. Kajal (dh's cousin's bf) is the founder and she made me CRY! Seriously -- Ash/AB are like our Angelina/Brad -- but bigger. I'm so proud of her! She's really an awesome person -- I'm thrilled she had this opportunity.

Those of you on my FB page may have seen an akward exchange between my SIL and I. I'd posted that my sister-in-law's best friend was going to be on Oprah (referring to dh's cousin as SIL b/c in their culture, cousins are like siblings, and that's how she refers to me). My narcissistic ACTUAL sister-in-law (married to dh's brother) assumes that I'm referring to HER, and that I'm referring to Aishwarya Rai as her "bf" b/c she's met her once (when SIL danced on the Tyra Banks show). When I clarified I was talking about the cousin, my SIL *could* have totally played it off as though she was joking, but she DIDN'T.

I realize this all sounds ridiculous and petty, but it's just SO LIKE her that it annoyed the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
                Yeah, me too. I DVR'd it and just watched the Ash/AB interview and the dancers. Kajal (dh's cousin's bf) is the founder and she made me CRY! Seriously -- Ash/AB are like our Angelina/Brad -- but bigger. I'm so proud of her! She's really an awesome person -- I'm thrilled she had this opportunity.

Those of you on my FB page may have seen an akward exchange between my SIL and I. I'd posted that my sister-in-law's best friend was going to be on Oprah (referring to dh's cousin as SIL b/c in their culture, cousins are like siblings, and that's how she refers to me). My narcissistic ACTUAL sister-in-law (married to dh's brother) assumes that I'm referring to HER, and that I'm referring to Aishwarya Rai as her "bf" b/c she's met her once (when SIL danced on the Tyra Banks show). When I clarified I was talking about the cousin, my SIL *could* have totally played it off as though she was joking, but she DIDN'T.

I realize this all sounds ridiculous and petty, but it's just SO LIKE her that it annoyed the hell out of me.
                I LOVED the interview... what a beautiful couple! I am going to have to look into them

I would have been soooo irritated with your real SIL too... people kill me! She only ends up looking stupid you know? Geez.

Comment

So were they happy with the way it turned out? The surprise was cute, but it kind of smooshed their dance routine.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                    So were they happy with the way it turned out? The surprise was cute, but it kind of smooshed their dance routine.
                    I couldn't tell if they were surprised! At the end they were tearing up... I think they were completely speechless!

Comment

I think they were all so amazed to get to meet Ash & AB that nothing could have quashed their joy. It really is hard to describe. These girls grew up watching Bollywood films, learning the dance numbers -- they act them out in living rooms, at family parties, engagement parties, weddings. Kajal just returned from 3 months in India where she was trying to break in to the business (Bollywood films). It's like getting to meet Princess Diana.

Plus, they totally rocked the dance up to the point that Ash/AB walked out.

Comment

Good, just making sure. The dance was great - I was just thinking that their chance to be on national TV was kind of turned into being more about Ash and AB.

(Which is kind of how I feel about Oprah, actually - that every conversation she has turns into being about her.)

Anyway, their reactions were very cute, and I'm glad they had a good time!

Comment

Good, just making sure. The dance was great - I was just thinking that their chance to be on national TV was kind of turned into being more about Ash and AB.!
                          that is true -- I'll have to ask dh's cousin about it. (I wish there were a better way to refer to her, but I don't want to use her name b/c she's also a dawkter ...).

Comment

CRAP! I missed it!!

Comment

Here's a link. Oprah is really stingy with her clips, so this is actually a copy of someone watching the TV ... http://www.welovedc.com/2009/09/29/l...-out-on-oprah/

they come on at about 1:58 if you want to fast forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X