Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Required reading for all members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required reading for all members!

I will sticky this for a couple of days and then let it sink.

I know it's been a tough summer. For whatever reason, it seems like everyone here has had more than their fair share of stress. Then school started...for our kids and hubbies....call schedules blew up out of control...and we all kind of have lost our heads.

It is palpable around here.

We all come from different walks of life, have different experiences and are decidedly in the thick of things in our own lives.

Let's try and remember to be kind to each other. If you don't *get* the crabby old member, it's ok....just think of them the way that you might think of your crotchety old grandma and be kind...and maybe send chocolates! If the newbie is getting under your skin because you're so overwhelmed with life in your phase of training, take a step back and try and remember what you needed back then and be kind!

Don't PM each other in anger. Take a deep breath before you respond to a post in anger (and think of the rotten tomatoes I'll be throwing at you while I read through my inbox!)

If all else fails, here. Stare deeply into the photo....you are getting sleepy...your eyelids are beginning to droop...send chocolate...

Kris

Last edited by Vanquisher; 01-08-2015, 09:38 AM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Someone other than me is getting angry PMs? Who's stealing my thunder?! I clearly have not been posting often enough in the Debates Forum this summer. Who wants to argue about Obama's possible about-face on the proposed Afghanistan surge?

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
        With all the docs on this board, why can't we just get a standing 'script for the good stuff? It's like soap and toothpaste - things we should always have on hand here!
        Are you saying, "Valium all around?" Lily?
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Sorry about having to close a post out that I really wasn't trying to stir the pot about! I am new and I had no idea that would happen!

Comment

It was a pre-emptive strike, Katherine. No worries.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine View Post
              Sorry about having to close a post out that I really wasn't trying to stir the pot about! I am new and I had no idea that would happen!
              Don't apologize. Some of us have been around a long time, and a lot of questions / topics are kind of cyclical. That is no one's fault -- it's part of the nature of the beast.

Comment

Who sang "Mother's Little Helper"?
                Rolling Stones of course!

Can I add that I can see why this reminder was posted, but I also appreciate the no BS answers that are in response to every prompt. I really respect that mentality. This lifestyle is not for the faint of heart...
                Last edited by scrub-jay; 09-29-2009, 08:23 PM.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                  Rolling Stones of course!

Can I add that I can see why this reminder was posted, but I also appreciate the no BS answers that are in response to every prompt. I really respect that mentality. This lifestyle is not for the faint of heart...
                  And that is why we give them. We just want people to know what we wish we'd learned / known on the front end.

And honestly, it's why Kris created the smaller groupings, so that if you don't WANT to hear "Back in MY day ..." you can post in that smaller room and avoid us.

Comment

From what I understand - I don't get to go to private groups.smaller room till 50 posts. BUT those of y'all in public rooms are already beneficial to my demeanor! I was told by DH tonight that he was proud of how positive I was being this week! Crazy what happens when you have a group that can commiserate with (SP? - too late and tired to spell check.)

Comment

I'm working up to my 50 posts right along with you Katherine!

Comment

LOL You guys will be there before you know it.

And...this is just a gentle, loving reminder to put out there. Nothing more/nothing less. I expect there will be plenty of honest responses to come!

Kris

Comment

Who sang "Mother's Little Helper"?
                          The Rolling Stones, and oddly my mother to me when I was little...that was "our song". Now that I'm adult and understand what it means, I'm wondering if it wasn't sort of messed up...Lol

Comment

The Rolling Stones, and oddly my mother to me when I was little...that was "our song". Now that I'm adult and understand what it means, I'm wondering if it wasn't sort of messed up...Lol

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Holy moly, clearly I have not been around enough lately. I missed all the stress and not a single cranky pm.

Someone other than me is getting angry PMs? Who's stealing my thunder?! I clearly have not been posting often enough in the Debates Forum this summer. Who wants to argue about Obama's possible about-face on the proposed Afghanistan surge?
                              Oh that's a good one. Of course he can't be bothered with Afghanistan now he has the Olympics to plan.

Good plan Kris, I especially like the pic.

so that if you don't WANT to hear "Back in MY day ..." you can post in that smaller room and avoid us.
                              Who would want to do that?
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X