Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You were right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
    I know DH has no clue where we bank. He called me asking for our account number to deposit some money, turns out he was having a 15 dispute with the teller, about how we bank at their bank. He was at the wrong one.... So he now leaves me a deposit slip and I take care of it. Going through medical school was a breeze compared to his banking skills.
    I love it!

DH paid the bills for the first year and a half that we lived together. It thought he was doing an ok job, until I realized he pays no attention to the due dates. It was more like, he gets a paycheck, then pays everything at once leaving us scraping pennies together to buy bread (that was a low point). Not a good system. Now I pay them and they're always on time!
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
      I have a feeling DH will be getting an allowance when we're done with training - he won't like it but he really has no idea how much money we spend monthly and on what. If we don't reign it in there won't be any money for vacations, etc. when we're done.
      Same here! He'll want to spend money, I won't.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by Malpka View Post
        Works for us! DH has no clue about ANYTHING having to do with our finances. I do everything, I don't think he even knows where we bank.
        Ditto. There's no way I'd trust DH to take care of the bills!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I must say while DH was in med school he took care of most of the bills. Before med school I took care of all the bills for 5 years. It was so frick fracking sick of bills I just let him take over for four years. It's also easier to pay stuff with one big lump sum coming (loans) three times a year. Now that he has started residency it's all back on me. I'm totally up for the task since I've had "my break" from bills for four years.

This time I started a excel sheet. Last week I got myself worked up into a panic. I'm worried the bills won't get paid on time during the month of November when my baby comes and that DH won't know what to do... because honestly he just doesn’t know. I go to explain to him how to pay the bills and when things are due and what pay checks cover what bills, etc. He gave me this big glazed look. Oh, gosh... I'm still worried just thinking about it!!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I wrote a check for a wedding gift the other day and DH said, we have a checkbook? Seriously? You don't know we have CHECKS?

For the most part I set everything up to be automatically deducted - except the electric bill which is quite variable from month to month.

Comment

Working...
            X