Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

America's Favorite Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Favorite Cities

http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2009/

Since a lot of us med spouses end up moving all over the place, I thought you might enjoy this!

Looks like I've upgraded with my most recent relocation.

Ooh, fun! Thanks I'm adding that to my relocation bookmarks
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thanks for posting--I'm kind of confused how Houston ended up scoring high in some of those categories...attractiveness?
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Thanks for posting--I'm kind of confused how Houston ended up scoring high in some of those categories...attractiveness?
        For the size and all that is available - museums, restaurants, etc. it is very cheap compared to other cities like it....Is the only reason that I can think. I have to admit that I miss H-town though. I think that it is a city that is great to visit (in December ) but hard to live in.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by radwife View Post
          http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2009/

Since a lot of us med spouses end up moving all over the place, I thought you might enjoy this!

Looks like I've upgraded with my most recent relocation.
          I'm having so much fun on this site!! Thanks!
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Thanks! That will help my dreaming nicely

Comment

Hey STL made the list! At least I now live in a city that shows up on a map. HeHeHe
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

It makes me afraid to go to Miami. I would be Ms. Frumpy by comparison. I am pale. It sounds like everyone there is a total hottie...

And that is just WRONG that STL made the list. I'm sorry. Aside from how cheap it is to vacation here, it is not one of the country's top cities...I call "BS" on that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                  And that is just WRONG that STL made the list. I'm sorry. Aside from how cheap it is to vacation here, it is not one of the country's top cities...I call "BS" on that.
                  True very True...
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                    It makes me afraid to go to Miami. I would be Ms. Frumpy by comparison. I am pale. It sounds like everyone there is a total hottie...

I can't believe KC made the list! I mean, sure we have the Jazz district, oh and you can point to a sign that says the Oregon trail went through here... but that's about it... At least you have the Arch!
                    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I think that it is a city that is great to visit (in December ) but hard to live in.
                      AGREED! I'm in Houston now and the humidity is killing me
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

#26 San Antonio
                        While you may remember the Alamo (San Antonio ranks #5 for historic sites and monuments), apparently the locals are less than memorable. The River City still rates with visitors, though, for family vacations (#4), romantic trips (#7), and ethnic food (#5).

We trade off with Houston for "Fattest City in Texas" and are definite contenders for Fattest city in America.

Definitely agree with the vacation aspect although the weather is HOT and HUMID in the summer. Everyone thinks SA is like Arizona but t we're only two and a half hours outside the coast.

Ethnic food- well yeah if you like Tex-Mex, Mex or Asian. I haven't found decent Chinese food yet but there are pretty good Thai and Vietnamese places. (all those military spouses).

We do have a Belgian place at the end of the street though.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X