Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What should I be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I be?

We have a big Halloween fest this year at school - all the teachers are dressing up - and since I've been a doctor the past 4 years (you can't beat scrubs and tennis shoes!), I decided that I wanted to do something a little more "Halloween". I will be investing in a serious, honest-to-goodness, store-bought costume - so I'd like it to be something that I'd get some repeated use out of...
    Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty)
    17.39%
    The Evil Queen (from Snow White)
    43.48%
    The Wicked Witch
    30.43%
    A generic vampiress
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

I'd go for something historical if I was planning ahead. You could do a whole cast of characters and it is an obvious costume. I bought a black latex bodysuit for my Matrix costume a few years back and I'm recycling it this year as Catwoman. I'm imagining a black latex bodysuit isn't teacher gear but the fact that it is SOO over the top makes it a costume with very little extra work. I'd think the same thing for a long flowing dress and that is much more teacher appropriate.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I voted for the evil queen. (Very similar to Maleficent!)

I think a gorilla costume would be great to own -- but pricey. I've checked. We have a hot dog costume. It is our multipurpose costume. I think everyone in the family has worn it once. How can you not have a good time when you are a hot dog?
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I voted Vampiress because people will be able to tell what the costume is. Of course, vampires are pretty big lately, so I wonder if you might lose points for originality. Perhaps if you went as one of the True Blood vampires?

Have fun! Still trying to figure out what I should be (hoping I can get away with some sort of animal ears...)
        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I voted for the evil queen from Snow White. I know she's evil, but she's so pretty!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I also voted for the evil queen from Snow White, her costume is pretty recognizable and she'd be so fun to be!!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My favorite costume is a bedbug. Funny jammies, fuzzy slippers, fairy wings, and those silly bug antennae head-bands. Fairly cheap and SUPER comfy.

Comment

Oh, duh. When I originally checked this thread from my iPhone, I couldn't see the poll. Sorry... go ahead and completely disregard my previous silliness.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what a generic vampiress is, but it sure sounds cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X