Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I heart coffee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving up chocolate and spicy foods would be easy for me, but coffee might be darn near impossible. I've tried going off of it for a week or so at a time, but I always end up coming back.

Comment

I don't know...I was completely spoiled during my 18 months working at the chocolate factory. Pretty much I haven't found anything that can compete.

Jenn

Comment

Coffee would be hardest, partly because of the withdrawal. Then chocolate. Wine on top of that? Egads. By fatty foods do you mean fried foods? I could do without those but I hope cheese doesn't fall in that category.

I hope giving up those things helped and I hope coffee is back in your life!

Comment

mmmm. cheese.

That's also on the list things I need on a desert island.

J.

Comment

Lactose intolerant. No dairy for me for the last five years. I haven't missed it really -- but combine that with the new restrictions and I'm feeling the pinch. Went to the dentist today for my total mouth overhaul (don't ask, it is ugly ) and she told me to avoid nuts and hard foods until I get a crown on this tooth. Uhh....I'm doing the crown in January. So, no dairy, spicy foods, fried foods, chocolate, alcohol, coffee/tea, carbonated beverages OR hard/crunchy things that will damage the crown. Thank goodness I like soup.

In better news, the coffee stayed down with no ill effects today.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I don't think I can ever give up Coca-Cola. It is like crack to me. I crave one every day. It is automatically counted into my calorie consumption for the day. DH says when we start trying to start a family I have to stop it. I don't know if I can do it.....I don't think I have the will power!!
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                I don't think I can ever give up Coca-Cola. It is like crack to me. I crave one every day. It is automatically counted into my calorie consumption for the day. DH says when we start trying to start a family I have to stop it. I don't know if I can do it.....I don't think I have the will power!!
                If it's just one per day and that's your only caffeine, you'd be well under the recommended caffeine limits for pregnancy. And if it's counted into your calorie consumption, I assume you're not having a ton of other sugar, either, so . . . I wouldn't give it up!
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Other than Alcohol there's really nothing THAT bad. I mean even heroin isn't as bad as booze. Tell your hubby in the grand scheme of things, one flippin' coke is NOTHING. Tell him to come on down and hang out with me for a day and his perspective on everything ingested during pregnancy will change significantly.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                    Other than Alcohol there's really nothing THAT bad. I mean even heroin isn't as bad as booze. Tell your hubby in the grand scheme of things, one flippin' coke is NOTHING. Tell him to come on down and hang out with me for a day and his perspective on everything ingested during pregnancy will change significantly.

J.
                    dh always says "as long as you stop smoking crack, things should be fine."

Comment

:0 Oh, Angie. That is a lot of soup.

Comment

I feel your pain with the ulcer. If I even think about coffee, tomatoes, orange juice or anything acidic my stomach twinges. Even on Protonix for a year and I still have flare-ups.

Comment

Chocolate would be *very* hard for me to give up. I don't drink coffee and rarely drink alcohol, so those wouldn't be too bad. Spicy foods (mostly salsa) would be second-hardest. I do dearly love Coke, with sugar, thankyouverymuch, but limit myself to one a week. Fatty foods wouldn't be too hard, although if cheese is included in that, it would be harder!

Angie, I hope your stomach continues to feel better. If I were in your shoes, the bright side would be that I would almost certainly lose weight....but it would suck just the same! Good luck with the dentist....that is one of my least favorite places to go.
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post

What would you have the most trouble giving up?
                            Foodwise?

Chocolate - all the way

DH asked me today what I had for lunch and then stopped me and said, "Oh, wait, I forgot you eat air." (He makes fun of my portion sizes ). I told him, "No, I had air covered in chocolate." Such is my love....
                            Last edited by Rapunzel; 10-14-2009, 02:47 PM.
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Diet Coke. I gave it up for Lent once. I was a horrible person. I had to give it up during my second pregnancy. I think I ate a skinny girl. The first and third pregnancies were down to one a day.

I can go without alcohol -- didn't have any from Sept 2006 until my last kid was 14 months old in 2008.
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

i dont think i could ever give up cookies, donuts, cinnamon rolls, or honey buns ever

Comment

Working...
                                X