Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Get a life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now I don't know what WOW is?????
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
      Ok, now I don't know what WOW is?????

Glad I am not alone. LOL
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

World of Warcraft

This explains it all:

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...ts_gamers_play
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

WoW is short for World of Warcraft. It's an online video game. Just to improve your nerd-vocabulary, it is an MMORPG, which stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Games like that are great for women because there's a whole social aspect to the game. It's not just you and a screen - you're actually interacting with other real people.

The point of the game is to create a character and follow a series of plot points that make up the storyline. As you progress throughout the game, you explore new "areas" (which are like cities and countries), and you complete little quests in each area. You can do some of the quests by yourself, and some of them require that you team up with other players.

It can be addicting, if you're already prone to addiction. Some people do end up neglecting their real lives because they spend too much time playing the games. That's where the stereotype comes from - the idea of the 35 year old, 400 pound guy living in his parents' basement playing all day. But I can assure you that fairly normal, interesting people make up the majority of the players.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'd say D and D evolved to WoW -- and to that huge fantasy section in the Barnes and Noble . My little brother (39) has a level 80 Paladin....that I keep telling him he should give his nephew (my son) for Christmas.

My brother's D and D crew from 25 years ago have all gone on to professional careers - a few lawyers, a computer game designer and a movie special effects artist. With jobs and kids, they have less time to dabble in WoW but I think they do that instead of TV.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
              This decade's version of D&D is WOW. Agreed?

LMAO... yes i agree

Comment

Our boys LOVE WOW. I think its a pretty cool game but have no time to play it myself.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

seeing how the thread has been hijacked already...
                  halo is what i play the most, i never really got into WOW. mostly because i didnt fit the "type" to play D and D back in the day. that kinda turned me away from ever trying to get into the fad... but i <3 my xbox 360

Comment

All the guys in DH's program play Halo. They have an Xbox in their call room, and when they have down time, they go in there and play it. Instead of sleeping, of course...
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

My kids are playing halo ODST (sp?) right now. My 10 year old got an "invincible" rating - which really amazed her teen brothers and friends.

I think of Halo as violent virtual tag. You know...with automatic weapons instead of tagging.

We love the XBOX 360 too. It is much more popular than the Wii in this house.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

i havent bought "ODST" im still playing Halo Wars. i thought about buying a Wii, but i couldnt convice myself that Wii sports was worth the money cause thats all i would ever play on it. they dont have that many games that i would play now. ive outgrown all the mario kart games

Comment

Are any of these games on the PS3. We have two in our house, not sure why. But am always on the lookout for Xmas gifts for DH.
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X