Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Only 71 Days to Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 71 Days to Christmas.

Is it just me or does it seem like the holidays are coming quick this year! This year has just flown by, with moving and starting a new school. Anybody asking for anything special, or doing anything fun!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I'm really looking forward to the holidays - I'm off to see my family!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Thanksgiving and Christmas can't get here soon enough for me!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I get antsy this time every year... I love Christmas!!! I know I shouldn't want to rush past Halloween and Thanksgiving, but I am so ready to get my Christmas tree up! DH has about a 99.9% chance of working on Christmas day, so I don't think we're going to do anything big this year. If he's on call, I'll probably go to visit my parents for the day. If he'll be home in the evening, we'll just have a little celebration on our own, then go in to celebrate with our parents when he's on vacation in January.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oh I love Christmas. I can't wait to hang up decorations. Our house looks like Hobby Lobby. How soon do you hang up decorations? I do it the first of November, I know it is way early. But I love looking at the Xmas tree at nights!!
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I went and bought some Christmas decorations at Hobby Lobby yesterday
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

This is our first year in one place for the next few years. During med school Christmas was always in a different city (or country). This year I'm really excited!

We are headed down to S.C. this weekend to see DH's family (the ones I like ) for one last road trip before the baby arrives. Several weeks ago DH's aunt offered to give me a brand new artificial Christmas tree that she has never used. Little does she know I plan to pick it up this weekend and bring it back home.

Our big plans (if everything works out) is to have the baby baptized the week of Christmas. With the church decorated for Christmas, I'm hoping for an extra special baptism for our little girl.
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Well, before dude- the answer was never. I just can't see the point if it's just us. We usually go to my mother's where she's got everything decorated. A few years in a row I ordered us a 1800 flowers tree so I could toss it as soon as it wilted.

I hate all of the decorating because it's just a pain to put away. BUT- we have a five year old so we have the flippin' blow up Thomas in the yard and the stupid tree dropping needles all over my house and the cats knocking down the decorations and wreathes banging on the door when the wind blows.

Hopefully we'll be able to head to my mother's for two weeks and if that's the case then NO, I'm not decorating diddly.

I'm not anti Christmas, I'm anti anything that has to be packed and then moved. Too many moves in too few years = anti-Stuff.

Jenn

Comment

the stupid tree dropping needles all over my house and the cats knocking down the decorations and wreathes banging on the door when the wind blows.
                  1. Artificial tree (pre-lighted too!)

2. Shatterproof ornaments--why did it take them so long to make these?

3. Stick some duct tape on the back of the wreath--works wonders.

Here's to making your life a little easier
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

True-

Except that's all stuff and stuff has to be moved- packed sorted, inventoried, moved, inventoried, unpacked,

Remember- we're military- I am facing in all reality at least two more moves, one overseas. Plus if my husband does this one year fellowship then I'm looking at a half-move twice in one year. Or he moves then we move. or he moves then we're sent overseas whcih means BOTH houses are rented, half our stuff goes to storage and some bit comes with us.

As the old saying goes, "home is where the Army sends you."

But, I digress- Thomas the flippin' tank engine will be in the yard this year. Yay.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      I went and bought some Christmas decorations at Hobby Lobby yesterday
                      They have OU ornaments at the Hobby Lobby in STL!!
                      Brandi

Comment

Really? They didn't have any at the Hobby Lobby here in Norman!

Comment

Are you serious? They have them in the single ornament section. They had the OU helmet and the sooner schooner. They also had Texas stuff BOOOO
                          Brandi

Comment

Maybe I missed them--I'll have to check again. I have dreams of having an OU themed tree someday

Comment

I can't even think about Thanksgiving or Christmas until we get through court on the 28th.

Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                              X