Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your lamest addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
    What do you currently do that could be considered super lame?
    This is probably part of the preggo appetite, but I am addicted to Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedges. You know, those individually wrapped cheese wedges, which are each 1/8th of a small wheel in size, and sold by the wheel? It is SO ridiculous. The wheels are something like $3 a wheel...a TERRIBLE deal. But that stuff just tastes like heaven to me right now. Thankfully, they are only 35 calories a wedge, but they are so overpriced that I've had to cut myself down to two wedges a day.

On an upnote, I can't stomache any food with high fructose corn syrup, so I'm saving big dollars on my usual Coca-Cola addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
      This is probably part of the preggo appetite
      You're pregnant??? Congratulations!!!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
        You're pregnant??? Congratulations!!!
        I was wondering the same thing...and going back to check if I had missed something. Congratulations!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I missed it too...Many Congrats!!!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Sorry...I didn't mean for my post to turn into an inadvertent thread hijack! Yeah, I'm expecting. I'd just forgotten that I hadn't posted publicly. Ooops! Yep--I'm about 10...11?...I don't know...something like that...weeks. Thanks. I am off to the store now...to feed my addiction and buy drinks that have no high fructose corn syrup!

Comment

Yay! How exciting!!! Sorry, didn't mean to draw attention to it if you weren't ready. I was afraid I'd missed your announcement. I'm so happy for you!!!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ha, so the pregnancy hijack (congrats btw, !) helped me think of my lame obsession with sunflower seeds that I've had since the pregnancy with my middle child (almost 4 years ago.) Not just any sunflower seeds- the best ones are tamari roasted, mmm!! I think the bulk bin at my local store would go stale if it weren't for my support. When I was pregnant I was glad to "only" want to eat these, but it was/is really hard to NOT eat them. I can understand the feeling of addiction- I can't have more than a very small amount in the house or I will eat them all.

My other addiction, which I guess I love because it NEVER happens- drinking my entire cup of coffee slowly while reading a whole magazine article and not being interrupted.

Comment

So, I turned on iCarly on Nickelodean.... horrible. Those kids (the characters) are such brats and poor role models for younger kids. If you want your kids to be snooty, have them watch Nick.

(Disclaimer: I have neither children nor any training in child behavioral sciences and thus can't offer conclusive evidence to back up my statement.)
                  You may be on to something. My siblings and I were banned from watching Lizzie McGuire because they had a "bad attitude" towards their parents and the parents were portrayed as clueless a lot of the time. My mom is a therapist, but I think she was mainly just p*ssed off about clueless parents on TV all the time.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

HGTV...Real Estate Intervention.

Comment

I get addicted to games, but I switch addictions from one game to another all the time. I am addicted to Charmed. I am addicted to food that is bad for me.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

WDW discussion boards. I don't participate, it just makes me feel happy to spend time looking at stuff like that... The outrage over the closing of toontown, etc., etc...
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                          This is probably part of the preggo appetite, but I am addicted to Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese wedges. You know, those individually wrapped cheese wedges, which are each 1/8th of a small wheel in size, and sold by the wheel? It is SO ridiculous. The wheels are something like $3 a wheel...a TERRIBLE deal. But that stuff just tastes like heaven to me right now. Thankfully, they are only 35 calories a wedge, but they are so overpriced that I've had to cut myself down to two wedges a day.
                          Oh my... I thought I was the only one that has a HUGE problem with those... I scarfed down four of those small wedges... terrible!!!! I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                            WDW discussion boards. I don't participate, it just makes me feel happy to spend time looking at stuff like that... The outrage over the closing of toontown, etc., etc...
                            WHAT?!?! I did not know about this!!!
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                              What is WDW?
                              Kris

Comment

Walt Disney World
                                Cristina
                                IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                                X