Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Triple paste coated carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple paste coated carpet!

HOW on earth do you go about cleaning this stuff up? My little girl (4yrs old), has managed to smear globs of it, into what is essentially a 3'x4' rectangular area in front of the the staircase!!! These are the same steps, that to this day bare the 2 yr old, pink hued stains from her last carpet mess !!!!
    Seriously there's petroleum in it and it's white as white!
    Last edited by Momo; 10-21-2009, 01:22 AM.

Suz,

I so feel your pain sista. Knowing that our kids are almost the exact same ages- I have gone through this.

I read on a website to 1. wipe up any excess without grounding it into the carpet. 2. put baking soda/powder on the rest to soak up the oils. 3. vacuum. 4. use Dawn dish detergent to get the remaining stain out. (I did up until step 3, because it makes me nervous to put soap on carpets.)

I read somewhere else that a person used Spray and Wash and it took it right out.

Good luck!
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Thanks!

I told DH that she came to me covered in it from head to toe and said: "Mama guess what the baby did?"
      You know, the 2 year old that was clean as a whistle!

I told her to go take a good look at herself in the mirror and then to look at her little brother and tell me what the difference was?? Suffice it to say I pulled off her clothing w/the white creamy smears and sent her to her room to get re-dressed and to have a time out!

I'll have a go at your suggestion and report back!

Comment

Oh no, Suz...

Comment

I've also been told that Dawn works great for getting anything greasy out of fabrics. Might be worth trying on a test-spot.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
            I've also been told that Dawn works great for getting anything greasy out of fabrics. Might be worth trying on a test-spot.
            That's what I plan on using after I vacuum the baking soda up.

Comment

Oh no! I hope you are able to get it out of the carpet ok.

Comment

Aack!!! I would try baby wipes...lots of them. Good luck.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                X