Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just Ordered "Medical Marriage"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ordered "Medical Marriage"

from Barnes and Noble. I am hoping it will be a good read I got it for $29 with free 3 day shipping. If anyone wants to order it you can use the coupon code I used to get the discount. It is * C3X7J9K *
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

ooh, I'll look it up! Do tell us what you think when you've read some!

Comment

I just read Medical Marriage last year. Looking forward to finding out what some other people think/thought about it...

Comment

Check out Kris' book, it is well worth it. I just bought a second copy to give to a friend whose daughter (MS4) is getting married.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
          Check out Kris' book, it is well worth it. I just bought a second copy to give to a friend whose daughter (MS4) is getting married.
          Yes, I agree! I bought it when she first published it out of support (my DH finished residency back in 2000) and I thought it was a great book for those who will be going through it. She busted her hump on that book for years. I'm so proud of her!!

Comment

I haven't finished Kris' book yet (but just because I haven't picked it up - when I started it I read through the first 11 chapters) but I found it to be very encouraging.

I know money is an issue so if you want I will mail it to you as long as you mail it back to me (I have a feeling I won't have time to read it until this match thing is over).

But just to give you a heads up I heard Medical Marriage is a good book but a bit depressing - so take it with a grain of salt and perhaps follow it up with Kris' book which is a little more problem solving oriented! (I haven't read Medical Marriage yet but this is what I've heard about it)
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Kris' book is realistic, with realistic suggestions/solutions. We have been out of training for quite a while, but her book has been applicable to us too.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
                But just to give you a heads up I heard Medical Marriage is a good book but a bit depressing - so take it with a grain of salt and perhaps follow it up with Kris' book which is a little more problem solving oriented! (I haven't read Medical Marriage yet but this is what I've heard about it)
                When I read Medical Marriage I didn't think it was particularly depressing, just maybe a little too clinical for my taste. I'm looking forward to checking out Kris' book, though.

Comment

Working...
                X