Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Keep getting random text messages - help out a techie challenged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting random text messages - help out a techie challenged

I keep getting these random text messages that, although not offensive, are annoying. I told DH about about it and he said that it sounds like twitter. Huh??? How do I know who is sending this stuff to make it stop - short of calling the numbers and screaming who the #$$%^^&&%$ are you and stop it.

TIA!!
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Have you texted back and told them to can it?
    That is so annoying. I have yet to get spam texts but I would not be happy. Give me the number! I will call them

Comment

They are not so much spam...as in advertising something. One said "Hey". another said "awesome day dontcha think" and today's said "what r u doin"

I tried googling the number but only got so far because for 9.99 I can get more info. eye-roll.

I admit I am not as good as others on this site at getting info off of google.

Comment

I know with Sprint you can block certain numbers from texting you. That must be so annoying.

Comment

Sounds like my teen's texts. His friends joke around about prank texting the way we used to joke about prank phone calls. I'd block the number or just ignore them.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

DH bought something online at a sketchy website, which turned around and sold his cell phone/contact info to spammers (it appears). Now he gets between 5 and 10 spam-like texts each week. So annoying.

Comment

I would recommend calling your cell carrier and have them remove the charges (if any) and also block those numbers.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Tenacious_D View Post
                I would recommend calling your cell carrier and have them remove the charges (if any) and also block those numbers.
                ooh - I had not thought about charges. Should be included in my plan but these become one less text messg I would have....for important info from DH like "just got a consult and will be running late".....again.

I'll call ATT Monday. What makes me wonder if it is someone I know is that the number is from an area code where we lived before. DH said that he was getting the similar messages from his teenage half sister when she had him added to her twitter page. Needless to say - he put an end to that one.

Comment

Um you can get texts automatically from Twitter? Wow, one more reason why I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                    Um you can get texts automatically from Twitter? Wow, one more reason why I hate it.
                    No, the only way you'll get Twitter messages texted to your phone is if you specifically sign up for that with Twitter. They don't do it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                      No, the only way you'll get Twitter messages texted to your phone is if you specifically sign up for that with Twitter. They don't do it automatically.
                      Well, I do not know what DH's sister did but he was getting all kinds of crap and it ended when he spoke with her.

I got the number blocked but still wondering about who was sending the messg. Oh - well - some things we will never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X