Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interview offer via phone call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview offer via phone call?

DH and I were surprised when he got a phone call today inviting him to interview at a program.... I thought it was really odd - I haven't heard of this before?

Just curious if other people got offers via phone or if it is just this one program?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

FWIW, it has been a while since DH went through the match...he did receive one offer by phone (it was short notice). I think it is less common.
    Last edited by cupcake; 10-28-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Last year we didn't get any phone interview invites. Everything was via email or the eras messaging system. But like I said before, my DH didn't apply to the same specialty as yours.

Did he accept the offer? If so, did the program ever send him a email verification of the date/time?
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
        Last year we didn't get any phone interview invites. Everything was via email or the eras messaging system. But like I said before, my DH didn't apply to the same specialty as yours.

Did he accept the offer? If so, did the program ever send him a email verification of the date/time?
        It was for a date that we already scheduled an interview for so he had to turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
          It was for a date that we already scheduled an interview for so he had to turn it down.
          Some specialties suck like that. Boo! Yucky, yuck, yuck.

Comment

That is strange, I thought they all went through ERAS.

Comment

I'm thinking it may be because it is somewhat short notice (2 and a half weeks). It is short notice in the sense that this program initially started offering invites in early September, so we pretty much assumed we weren't getting an interview... but it is not that short of notice in the sense that earlier in the day we got an interview offer for the same date for another program which is just now sending out their first set of interview invites.

I'm thinking that DH was probably on their unofficial wait list (and perhaps his recent LOR and AOA maybe helped?)

And although we had to turn this interview down (and would have loved to have taken it) we have been really lucky thus far, and this is the first interview we couldn't accept because of schedule conflicts. And that is also because they only had ONE (of three) dates open for interviews which leads me to believe that someone had to cancel their interview and that is the only reason we got the offer?

Comment

And that is also because they only had ONE (of three) dates open for interviews which leads me to believe that someone had to cancel their interview and that is the only reason we got the offer?
                That's probably what happened. DH also got an interview where only one day was available and he assumed it was because he was on their waiting list and the spot was opened when someone turned it down.

Comment

So he got a call back today offering another date... he took it....

Comment

So he got a call back today offering another date... he took it....
                    Awesome! Just make sure you get confirmation in writing.
                    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

That's awesome that they got him another date!
                      Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by marissanicole View Post
                        so he got a call back today offering another date... He took it....
                        sweet!

Comment

That's awesome they could reschedule him! Yay!
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X