Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thank You gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You gifts

We want to get Thank You gifts for DHs sister and friend who housed him during his aways. We also have family, friends and friends of family and friends that will be housing him for interviews... any suggestions on what we can give these people as a token of our gratitude?

I am thinking maybe giftcards for his sister because he lived with her for two months - but I don't know what to get for the other people.

Help please!?!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

The giftcards sound like a great idea for the sister. I hope that he pitched in for groceries, chores, etc. when he was there too.

As for the others, I try not to arrive empty handed. If it just a couple nights stay, a nice hostess gift will do. Try a cookbook and apron, fancy bath soaps, interesting books or stationary, etc. Alternatively, if you want to wait until after the stay, sending flowers with a thank you note is very nice.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

If you have a TJMaxx nearby, you're in luck. They always have the best gifts for that sort of thing
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

If it's not too personal, what kind of price range are you looking for?
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I was thinking $20 to $50 dollars? (I don't want to spend more than we would have spent on a hotel).

Comment

I'm a big fan of consumable thank-you gifts. Omaha Steaks, Dean & Deluca, and Harry and David all have under $50 gift sections on their websites. I've used them a few times.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
              We want to get Thank You gifts for DHs sister and friend who housed him during his aways. We also have family, friends and friends of family and friends that will be housing him for interviews... any suggestions on what we can give these people as a token of our gratitude?

I am thinking maybe giftcards for his sister because he lived with her for two months - but I don't know what to get for the other people.

Help please!?!
              We came across this same issue, sortta. DH had to take (what his school calls) shelf exams for each of the core rotations during 3rd year. Since he went to a Caribbean med school the exams were only offered in select cities. We were never in any of those cities doing rotations during the time of the exams. Our friends were really nice to have him in their home while he was there for 1-2 days taking these exams. I sent out very nice thank you cards with $20 Target gift cards. We were poor med students. So were most of them. I wasn't going to give more than I really could afford. I know our friends understood that.

Also, I addressed the cards to the wife (also good friends of mine) because they were the ones that made sure DH was picked up from the airport and cooked great meals during his visits, etc.
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Do you bake? A thank you card and a box of cookies is always a nice thank you.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                  I like this idea only because it seems more personal. Very nice of you to put such thought into your thank you!
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

This is a good idea - I did bake for his friend (and his roomates) while he was there and they LOVED it - so I can always ship a box of something.

I think I also may send him with cookies when he goes to stay with family/friends for aways as well!

Comment

This is a good idea - I did bake for his friend (and his roomates) while he was there and they LOVED it - so I can always ship a box of something.

I think I also may send him with cookies when he goes to stay with family/friends for aways as well!

Comment

simliar to the cookie idea- we have a friend who makes those honey roasted nuts where you just do them in a pan with sugar, or coat them with sesame seeds, or whatever version of "fancy nuts" you can come up with... and then he delivers them to everybody he knows as Christmas gifts, and we all love them, esp. guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X