Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Killeen-Ft. Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killeen-Ft. Hood

Is anyone else watching this? It is so awful. DH is from Temple, which is just outside Killeen. It reminds me of when that nut stormed the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen back in '91 (or was it '92?) and shot all those patrons.

They say there were at least three gunman. Seven victims dead, twenty injured.

Is anyone's spouse a resident at Scott & White Hospital in the Temple-Killeen area?

I was just watching. So scary! Jenn, doesn't your hubby go to Ft. Hood on occasion. Prayers for everyone's safety going out.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Jenn posted on Facebook that her DH was not at Hood today. Thank goodness. Horrible story. Three people doesn't sound like a lone crazy. Wonder what the story will be.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We do have members in Killeen and surrounding areas so I'm sure they're more than a little busy at the moment.

Rick's colleague is up there this week, his turn is (supposed to be) next week.

This sounds very strange from what I could tell. He said they were watching it on cnn.

Jenn

Comment

I am worried about a friend who's hubby is a PA, and their 4 children. He is stationed and they live on post at Ft. Hood. The base in on lock down.
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

OMG, I can't believe this.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
              Jenn posted on Facebook that her DH was not at Hood today. Thank goodness. Horrible story. Three people doesn't sound like a lone crazy. Wonder what the story will be.
              Very glad that Jenn's husband is not there!

Since I originally posted, the AP Wire and FoxNews have updated the story. There was only one shooter but two others are in custody on charges related to the shooting. They are reporting that the shooter is (was?--don't know his/her status) a soldier on base. Death count is up to twelve.

Amiens: let us know about your friend's hubby, when you know! Praying for safety!

Comment

Apparently the shooter is in custody and is a Major in the Army. The hyped up reports say that he has an "arabic sounding name" whatever that means.

Way to get all of the anti-Muslim, anti-Arab, anti-Middle East freakazoids all stirred up there, Associated Press.

J.

Comment

Just found out my cousin's wife's brother is stationed there - they are waiting to hear from him.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Judging from what they're saying, I would guess the shooter targeted either the graduation or the soldiers who were out-processing.

I would also guess that either the shooter(s) did not pass go and were not graduated or were not allowed to out-process for deployment. (perhaps for mental health issues?)

We'll see. It's a HUGE military complex though. I think it's either the largest or second largest military base in the world.

Jenn

Comment

This is terrible. Awful. This kind of thing makes me sick.
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                        Apparently the shooter is in custody and is a Major in the Army. The hyped up reports say that he has an "arabic sounding name" whatever that means.

Way to get all of the anti-Muslim, anti-Arab, anti-Middle East freakazoids all stirred up there, Associated Press.

J.
                        they are all reporting his name now: Major/Dr. Nadal Malik Hassan MD
                        Last edited by Momo; 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Just confirmed that my friend there is ok. Scary stuff.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

NBC is reporting that the shooter went to med school at USUHS and did his residency at Walter Reed.

As soon as I saw the news of the shooting, I came straight here, thinking of you all. DCJenn, I'm glad to hear that your DH is safe.

Thinking of everyone here who has connections to those at Ft. Hood - praying that your loved ones are safe.
                            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post

As soon as I saw the news of the shooting, I came straight here, thinking of you all. DCJenn, I'm glad to hear that your DH is safe.

Thinking of everyone here who has connections to those at Ft. Hood - praying that your loved ones are safe.
                              That's exactly what I did too. I am glad those we know are safe and my heart goes out to the families of those who were not so lucky.
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X