Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

I haven't been posting much lately, I usually have time to get on and browse for a few minutes at a time. Life has certainly changed a lot for us being full time parents to a 4 year old now. We are loving it more everyday. Nick seems to be adjusting well to living with us and is the sweetest little boy. I have been reading Kris' book "Surviving Residency" and am finding it quite helpful and entertaining! I feel like I have such a hard time keeping up with everyone on here and am still a newbie so I don't feel like I really know many of you yet, although I would love to! I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to Turkey and Gravy next week as much as I am!

Take Care,
    Stacy
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Good to hear from you -- and glad full-time parenthood is treating you well. Don't be a stranger and have a great feast!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Stacy I too have been more of a lurker than a poster...
      Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys That must be QUITE the adjustment!
      I need to buy Kris' book because I have a feeling next year is coming quicker than we want. Yay for residency

Comment

Thanks for the update, great to know that Nick has made the adjustment well.

I think everyone goes into lurk mode at times, for a variety of reasons. We are always here when you need us.

Comment

HI

I'm new here! Tell me about your family? did you adopt?

Lacy

Comment

I hope you are all enjoying each other. The holidays should be fun.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Lacy! I noticed you are new here, sorry I haven't been around much lately to say Hi. It's been a busy couple of months for us! My Fiance has a 4 year old son that we just got full custody of in October

Originally posted by Lacy View Post
              I'm new here! Tell me about your family? did you adopt?

Lacy

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                I hope you are all enjoying each other. The holidays should be fun.
                We are having a wonderful time Thanks for the thoughts! Nick and I have been pretty sick all week with a nasty virus and he is battling swimmer's ear. Hopefully we will all get to feeling better before we head to Louisiana for Christmas this weekend! I hope your Holidays go well!

Comment

How are you adjusting to having a little one around? I'm sure its wonderful, but I imagine its a lot of hard work! Are you staying home with the little guy? How is he adjusting as well?

Feel free not to answer if these questions are too personal.
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
                    How are you adjusting to having a little one around? I'm sure its wonderful, but I imagine its a lot of hard work! Are you staying home with the little guy? How is he adjusting as well?

Feel free not to answer if these questions are too personal.
                    We are doing really well Thanks for asking. I actually have been going through hell working for a witch of an attorney, but I just accepted an awesome position at a new firm that is opening up. Much more of a team/family environment which will make my life so much better! I am excited! So I ended up taking off most of this week and next week since we are heading to Louisiana. It has been a bit of a challenge as far as lifestyle- you know- waking up with him at say 6:30 on the weekends when he decides to get up! But, really it is fun and rewarding being a mom! I can't wait to start having some kiddos of our own! Nick is adjusting very well, and we have seen huge improvements in every aspect of his development which is so fantastic He has recently decided to start calling me "Mom" which is just sweet as can be

Comment

Originally posted by seaside*bliss View Post
                      We are doing really well Thanks for asking. I actually have been going through hell working for a witch of an attorney, but I just accepted an awesome position at a new firm that is opening up. Much more of a team/family environment which will make my life so much better! I am excited! So I ended up taking off most of this week and next week since we are heading to Louisiana. It has been a bit of a challenge as far as lifestyle- you know- waking up with him at say 6:30 on the weekends when he decides to get up! But, really it is fun and rewarding being a mom! I can't wait to start having some kiddos of our own! Nick is adjusting very well, and we have seen huge improvements in every aspect of his development which is so fantastic He has recently decided to start calling me "Mom" which is just sweet as can be
                      That is wonderful news! I don't know how I would handle going from sleeping in and having DH to myself to suddenly having to share, and get up early, and take care of a little one... don't get me wrong I LOVE kiddos but it still would be an adjustment! It is fabulous that he is doing so well, especially considering that it doesn't sound like he has had the easiest or most stable upbringing.
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Seriously, there is nothing sadder than the day you realize that you will never sleep past 8:30 am (if you're lucky) not just for years, but decades.

I call my parents and wake them up these days.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                          Seriously, there is nothing sadder than the day you realize that you will never sleep past 8:30 am (if you're lucky) not just for years, but decades.

I call my parents and wake them up these days.

Jenn

One of my friends said that when she had baby #1 - she was sitting on the couch watching some horrible news program and suddenly came to the realization that she would never have a vacation day again
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                          X