Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Poll: Christmas Decorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Christmas Decorations

When will you put yours up? I know Brandi (Bokelley) already has hers up! I am putting ours up this weekend! I love Christmas time!
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

...the day after Thanksgiving.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn View Post
      It has always been my tradition to put them up the day after Thanksgiving but we will be out of town the whole weekend. I feel a little strange putting them up early this year.

Comment

Preferably never? Does that make me Scrooge? This year the minimum will be going up sometime around December 1.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
          Preferably never? Does that make me Scrooge? This year the minimum will be going up sometime around December 1.

Jenn

Yes Jenn it absolutely makes you a Scrooge! Just kidding. I am sure you have your well thought out reasons justifying it!

Comment

Thanksgiving weekend and they get put away the weekend after Epiphany. My # 1 Pet peeve....when people count the 12 days of Christmas before the 25th instead of after.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Generally they go up the weekend after Thanksgiving. We will be doing the traditional Christmas Tree hunt (cutting down a live tree on a farm).

I am a bit sad that I will not have any of my own decorations to hang this year because they are all back with the ex-to-be.
              Kris

Comment

Never

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My apartment decorations will be going up before I leave for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday (I'm so proud of myself for not breaking out the DVD fireplace already!)

My family puts ours up the day after Thanksgiving as well
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn View Post
                    Ditto.
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Ours go up sometime the week after Thanksgiving, since I go on an annual shopping trip with my mom, aunt, and sister on Black Friday. I try to get them down by Jan. 1, or at latest the weekend after New Years.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

My mom's birthday is December 7, so I grew up waiting until after then. Now I don't have an exact timeline, but somewhere thereabouts.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My parents decorate their tree on their anniversary (12/21) and everything stays up until after my mother's birthday (1/4)

I appreciate the decorations but I truly don't understand the hoopla of dragging all that stuff out only to have to put it all away in a month. Seems like extra work that adds nothing to my world. I mean- sure a tree is pretty. But it's also a big giant thing in the middle of the room that I have to schlep around later. The cats climb it, the dogs try to drink the water, dude constantly is moving the ornaments.

and that's why I like to go to my mother's house. I don't have to do a thing. Maybe it's the remnants of the Jewish relatives from Germany coursing through my veins.

Jenn

Comment

We'll put ours up the first weekend in December. A friend of mine has already had her tree up for like 2 weeks.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                              We'll put ours up the first weekend in December. A friend of mine has already had her tree up for like 2 weeks.

I am glad to know there are others like me. I have seen a few trees in peoples windows at night. At least I know I am with crazy company. LOL
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X