Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mailing Christmas cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing Christmas cards

Mine should be going out tomorrow. Everytime I do a mass mailing - either Christmas cards or thank you notes, etc - I am reminded of that Seinfeld episode where George's fiance dies from licking the cheap glue on their wedding invitation. I always chuckle - and tape my envelopes closed.

So, if you get a card from me - it's not because I'm a germ-a-phobe, it's because I'm a glue-a-phobe. 8 )
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

That's hysterical I had forgotten about that episode completely. Now that have a HUGE pile of cards just about ready to go, that is all I will think about!
    Kris

Comment

hee hee hee!
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I haven't seen that episode, but I've always thought the glue on envelopes was gross. I use a wet paper towel to moisten them. Nice to know I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I have stuffed and sealed thousands upon thousands of envelopes as a college student/higher ed person. It's part and parcel of working in an office that is trying to recruit people to attend the school, so that means sending everyone potential college freshman or transfer student within a 1500-mile radius a "personalized" letter and a brochure...

But I did not lick a single envelope. How, you ask? They make some sort of handy envelope sealer stuff in a little plastic bottle with a spongy-thing attached. Simply squeeze the bottle and it makes the spongy-thing wet, which you then smear across the glue part and (quickly) press the envelope closed. It's available at Staples and the like. But, I have two warnings:
          1. Don't squeeze the bottle too hard or you will soak right through the envelope. Which sucks when it damages the "personalized" letter and you must stop everything to create and print a new one.
          2. As soon as you get the glue wet, you must seal the envelope quickly. Because that stuff dries fast. Really fast. And then you have to try and re-wet the glue, which usually leads to the scenario in #1 happening.

Hopefully this little commercial for the handy envelope sealer stuff will make someone's card sending a little easier this holiday season...

(Or you could just use the wet paper towel method that Laurie suggested)
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
          X