Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Got Clinical Placement for next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Clinical Placement for next year!

As you all know, I am currently in the Caribbean and classes end in both May and Dec. So, in exactly one week we are back in the US and will be moving onto 3rd year. DH takes his Step 1 in March, and by sometime next summer we will be moving to NYC. He got placed at Jamaica Hospital in Queens, and we will be looking to live in Forest Hills. So excited!!!! Finally, onto the next step!

Congratulations!!!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I didn't realize your move was coming up so soon!! WOW! Congrats on getting your placement now. Our school would never give us a placement until after step scores were in.
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Very cool - let me know when you get here!

I don't know Queens very well, but I think Forest Hills is supposed to be really nice, and Jamaica has good parts and bad parts (though no place in NY is really that bad). I can't remember, are you from the NY area?

When do you move? Will you stay here for all clinicals or just for a couple months? A friend of mine who goes to a Caribbean medical school did a couple months in Brooklyn but has now moved elsewhere.

Congrats on the placement! I'm a bit biased, but it doesn't get much better than NYC. (Though I'm sure you'll miss the Caribbean in the winter!)

ETA: Just saw you're definitely not from NY. Start shopping for a winter coat now!
        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly!
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Woo-hoo!! Congrats!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

That so exciting!! Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on finding out your placement!
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Congrats!
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                        Very cool - let me know when you get here!

I don't know Queens very well, but I think Forest Hills is supposed to be really nice, and Jamaica has good parts and bad parts (though no place in NY is really that bad). I can't remember, are you from the NY area?

When do you move? Will you stay here for all clinicals or just for a couple months? A friend of mine who goes to a Caribbean medical school did a couple months in Brooklyn but has now moved elsewhere.

Congrats on the placement! I'm a bit biased, but it doesn't get much better than NYC. (Though I'm sure you'll miss the Caribbean in the winter!)

ETA: Just saw you're definitely not from NY. Start shopping for a winter coat now!
                        Thank you all!!! I am stoked!

I'm not sure why they give placements this early, but it is a "preliminary" placement depending obviously if you pass Step 1.

Forest Hills is a nicer area, and he will have a straight commute by subway to the hospital. We will be moving to NYC sometime this summer. We will be in NYC for both 3rd and 4th year. I am a Southern girl at heart, but I am looking forward to our move and new experiences. Oh, and not only do I have some great winter coats that I have not been able to wear bc it doesn't get so cold in New Orleans when I'm home...but I have also done much online shopping and acquired a few more.

Comment

Congratulations! I lived in FH for awhile - around Yellowstone and 68th Rd. Did the subway commute into manhattan with the angry hordes. Let me know if you need any help.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Congrats! It must be a relief to find out and great that you get to stay in one place for the 2 years.

Comment

Congrats! That is great you already know.

One of my friends just returned from Grenada yesterday (just for a short trip though).

Comment

Working...
                              X