Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Got Clinical Placement for next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Forest Hills is a very nice area but pricey. Let me know if you have any NYC questions.

Comment

Thank you girls so much for the offers to help! I really appreciate it! I may just have to take you up on this advice.

Comment

Congrats. As everyone has said, Forest Hills is great...and a little pricey. I grew up in St. Albans, Queens which isn't far from Jamaica Hospital, so feel free to ask any questions!
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Congrats! It must feel wonderful to know where you are moving!
          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Great News! Like other city dwellers have said, feel free to ask any questions. I've heard FH is nice but I've never been there. I mostly know Astoria, North Brooklyn or Manhattan. Glad to hear there will be another member in nyc!
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Thank you again! I feel so very blessed to know that there are so many people out there to help and lend advice! I probably won't need much help until it gets closer to the actual time to move. We don't have the exact dates yet, but from prior years I have deduced that his Orientation will be around Apr. 19th and his start date will be around May 3rd.

Those dates are really sucky!!! For those that don't know, we got married here in the Caribbean this past April and are having our Formal Catholic Wedding home in New Orleans this coming April. These dates mean our honeymoon to Greece, Italy, and France will either have to fit in before our next wedding or not anytime soon. I just found this all out right before I was about to start paying for things for the honeymoon...

He'll be doing the 6 week Kaplan retreat in Atlanta from Jan to mid Feb and taking his Step 1 in early March, which means we won't get scores until right before the wedding...I mean, while I think he will do great...We can't exactly get a place until we know for sure. That pretty much means I will be going straight from my wedding to NY...Therefore, I am so grateful that I can get help because I will definitely need it!

Comment

The one good thing about NYC renting market is that you don't need to start looking way in advance. We got both of our residency places within 2 weeks of the moving date.

Good luck with wedding planning and Step 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                  The one good thing about NYC renting market is that you don't need to start looking way in advance. We got both of our residency places within 2 weeks of the moving date.

Good luck with wedding planning and Step 1.
                  Haha, yeah, and if you try to look too far in advance, you'll probably end up moving earlier than you wanted.

2 weeks is all you need, but I feel safer starting 4-5 weeks prior.
                  Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Congratulations on knowing where you're going next. Not too familiar with Forest Hills, but I lived in Woodside and rode the 7 train for about five years, and I've always thought Queens was a bit underrated. NYC is a great time!
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations!!!

It's so good to hear of families getting OFF the islands successfully! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lacy

Comment

I'm late here, but congratulations! It's so nice to know where you're headed. Hopefully you'll be able to stay in one spot for most of his clinical rotations.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                        X