Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!

Ack! It is coming down(?) sideways!!!! We have more of this crap until midnight.

Cheri - how bad is it by you?
    Kris

We still have almost none here. It came down for a while on Monday, but didn't really stick much.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We have probably 8-10" and its blowing so hard I can't even tell if its still snowing. DH is going to work from home today, one of the advantages of being on research. They're advising no travel in all of SE MN and saying we could get up to 16".
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's just icy here - but DH is in MI right now - and we'll be driving to Iowa tomorrow night
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Hello!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No snow sticking right now (in central IL), its just blowing everywhere, the wind is terrible!

I am a little worried as this is supposed to continue through tomorrow... and DH is planning to drive from Cleveland to Chicago tonight (just to stop and take a driving break) and then he has to be up in Madison, by tomorrow afternoon! I hate that I am such a nervous nelly/ worry wart!

Poky how much are you expecting by tonight? weather.com has it snowing all day and tonight.....
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I never thought I would hear myself say this... but.... I WANT SNOW! In Southern Missouri it apparently doesn't snow much... Northern Missouri has been hit with it, and even Louisiana got some last weekend... Where is our snow?!
              Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

We have gotten 15.5" so far and it is supposed to go through mid-night tonight... I truely doubt the kids will have school again tomorrow.
                Kris

Comment

Twin Cities here reporting with drifting snow and 7 inches at the airport. Lots of accidents and spin outs. Took me twice as long to get to work today. Getting home should be interesting.

Comment

The govenor of WI basically said - if you are not part of emergency management - don't go to work. All state offices are closed as are all UW locations. Madison has closed 3 times in the last 40 years.

Of course, my dad, being the asst chief of police, had to go to work.
                    Kris

Comment

weather.net has this to say about Cleveland:

.Today...

Occasional rain showers this morning. Snow showers likely this afternoon. Snow accumulation less than an inch. Very Windy with highs in the upper 40s. Turning colder with the temperature falling into the mid 30s this afternoon. South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph...Becoming southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

.Tonight...

Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation around an inch. Very Windy and much colder with lows in the lower 20s. Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph...Diminishing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.
                      I'd guess it's not going to be very bad.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

They're now saying we have 12 and are expecting 18 - I don't know how you can measure it with it blowing so much.

Adele watching DH sweep the deck:

The drift up against our garage door:

I don't think our tiny snow blower is going to help much.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Snow seems to have tapered off, the last few days we've gotten some - not a lot. However, temperatures have dropped drastically, nearing record temps, this morning was -17deg with wind chill. I basically put on everything I could find in the closet that will fit me. (Pregnancy and layering = cheap thrills).

Stay warm everyone!! And btw - I love the picture of A looking outside in her PJs.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We've gotten about 5 inches so far (which is nothing) but should get at least a foot by tomorrow --additional snow. It's a balmy 8 degrees today and I finally pulled out my long Padagonia down coat. It was nice to have this morning on school drop offs!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

MarissaNicole - Were you guys predicted to get more snow?

We were predicted to get 6-12 inches by this morning. So, I rushed the kids into Kohl's to get new snowboots, DH bought the plow that goes on the front of the lawn tractor (which we've been putting off so we didn't have to pay for it), we hooked the plow onto the tractor so that DH could get to work today, and...the snow isn't even covering our grass. We got almost all rain, and now we have high winds and a very little blowing snow. I guess it doesn't matter - it's going to get so cold that I don't want the kids out playing in it (I think I'm losing the heartiness I gained living in MN).
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                              X