Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH and I are stuck in Madison right now (he had a residency interview at UW), hoping to get back to NYC by tomorrow. (Our flight today got canceled.)

On the bright side, I have never seen anything like this before. The snow is incredible, or at least it looks incredible from my hotel room window.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
      DH and I are stuck in Madison right now (he had a residency interview at UW), hoping to get back to NYC by tomorrow. (Our flight today got canceled.)

On the bright side, I have never seen anything like this before. The snow is incredible, or at least it looks incredible from my hotel room window.
      I assume you are up on the capitol square? If so, and the wind isn't too bad, consider walking down State Street and up Bascom Hill. It is BEAUTIFUL in the winter.
      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
        MarissaNicole - Were you guys predicted to get more snow?

We were predicted to get 6-12 inches by this morning. So, I rushed the kids into Kohl's to get new snowboots, DH bought the plow that goes on the front of the lawn tractor (which we've been putting off so we didn't have to pay for it), we hooked the plow onto the tractor so that DH could get to work today, and...the snow isn't even covering our grass. We got almost all rain, and now we have high winds and a very little blowing snow. I guess it doesn't matter - it's going to get so cold that I don't want the kids out playing in it (I think I'm losing the heartiness I gained living in MN).
        I think we were supposed to get at least a few inches, but it just seems to be blowing around right now - no accumulation. Although I thought they said this morning that it was going to snow all today and tomorrow... but who knows.... I don't have much faith in the weather forecasts, they don't seem to be very accurate.
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Here is my house about a half hour ago. There is usually at least a foot of house below those bottom windows. Fun, huh?

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here is my house about a half hour ago. There is usually at least a foot of house below those bottom windows. Fun, huh?
            GEEZ! But, at the same time, I wish we would get a little snow here in OK. All we ever get are ice storms, or days like today when (freezing, biting, butt numbing) wind comes sweeping down the plains...
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We got 17" offically yesterday. But the winds were so bad, that one side of the house shows patches of grass and the other has 3-4' drifts...
              Kris

Comment

Nothing ended up accumulating here.

DH ended up stopping in LaPorte IN yesterday, I was so proud of him of not being stubborn and insisting on continuing to drive. I think the weather is supposed to better in northern IL and WI today, so hopefully it will be an easy drive.
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  I assume you are up on the capitol square? If so, and the wind isn't too bad, consider walking down State Street and up Bascom Hill. It is BEAUTIFUL in the winter.
                  State Street was soooo pretty. The entire city of Madison really did seem sort of magical in the snow.

Comment

Working...
                  X