Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Duggars have 19th - born at 25 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duggars have 19th - born at 25 weeks

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Televis...ory?id=9311401

So early... I hope everything is okay! It's surprising that (I think) this is her first incident of SUCH a premature birth...

Regardless of any lifestyle or family-related choices that anyone chooses to make-- everyone deserves that their children are happy and healthy. I am pulling for this little girl. Warm thoughts to the mother, little one, and of course, the rest of the family.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      Regardless of any lifestyle or family-related choices that anyone chooses to make-- everyone deserves that their children are happy and healthy. I am pulling for this little girl. Warm thoughts to the mother, little one, and of course, the rest of the family.
      Absolutely!!! I am praying so hard that she pulls through... she is SO teeny-tiny... oh my goodness, I just can't imagine!

Comment

Hope it all goes well for them!

But that article makes me mad--they talked for two pages about the downsides of very large families and this was the closing:

Alan Weisman, the author of "The World Without Us," raises another concern, about the Duggar family's impact on the environment. Each child, he said, multiplies his mother's carbon legacy by 5.7 percent, which means the Duggar children alone could be responsible for contributing more than a million metric tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere.
        "Big families have always been portrayed as something lovable and beautiful," Weisman said. "Think of 'The Waltons.' But we do have an issue now, where it's not just about home and family. It's about the planet, and the planet hasn't gotten any bigger. We only have one atmosphere."
        REALLY??? The poor preemie is in the hospital and they are talking about this?
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I hope she's ok!

That comment about carbon dioxide is disgusting, considering what the article is about. Apparently the environment is more imprtant than human life now.
          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Wow. I posted on my facebook account the other day:

I wonder how long before some bureaucrat decides we need to start "removing" a large source of CO2 emissions - human beings. Suddenly China's forced birth rate policy doesn't seem so far away....

I went on to say that this allows the introduction of some scary social experiments. But, that's probably something we should discuss in the debate forum.

I hope their baby has a seamless development while she is in the NICU.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
              I hope she's ok!

That comment about carbon dioxide is disgusting, considering what the article is about. Apparently the environment is more imprtant than human life now.
              That attitude is not even close to the most extreme arguments made connecting human reproduction and environmentalism. About a year or so, a woman in England went public with the reasoning behind her elective abortion: she is an avid environmentalist and, in good conscience, could not bring another carbon footprint into the world. Wherever you may be on the abortion issue, that just seems warped.

Comment

oh man, agreed... what ever happened to thinking about what an amazing/smart/helpful/whatever person a new little person could grow up to be?! Maybe the 19th Duggar will become an environmentalist or engineer and create something so worth having that it will more than compensate for their large family's carbon footprint! Sheesh. Not to mention they're not all travelling by airplane weekly for business trips or whatever- we as a society are all responsible for the good and bad impact we make... the whole blame and judgement game is just sad to me.
                I admit, I watch that show sometimes to see how they organize things, because my 5 person household can be overwhelming!!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X