Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Call days around Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH works a day shift Christmas day, so no we're not traveling, but then we haven't been within driving distance of family for a decade so this is hardly a break in tradition. Looks like the ILs will come to visit on Christmas and stay the night, we'll celebrate the morning of the 26th, then have new friends over for dinner that evening *cough*.
    Alison

Comment

We don't know yet. He's starting an IM sub-i on Monday so he'll only get his schedule then. To be honest, I'm sort of indifferent this year. Christmas would be nice, but he wants us to go to a friend's party in Philly if he's off for NYE and I'm just not in the mood to drive back and forth. I'm already dreading the move to Miami and to Kansas City so I'm all traveled out in advance.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

We're going on year 5 of being sort of frustrated with DH's department's way of organizing Christmas schedules- you either get X-mas or NYE call, no matter what... no more vacation days possible, meaning any of the international docs can never go overseas to see their relatives except for a quickie 5-7 day stint. So next year we're considering if it's worth it for me to fly alone with 3 girls over to his family in Europe and he just pops over to join us, or if the whole thing is way too annoying. You'd think since there are LOTs of international folks they'd figure out a better way, ...

This year we'll just be hanging around here since we travelled over Thanksgiving, so it's not that big of a deal, but irks me generally.

Comment

So we got an early Christmas present from our program yesterday. Which is nice considering we're in the middle of a month of Q2 NICU call (on every other night).

DF e-mailed the chiefs to clarify the Xmas schedule and the 26-27 schedule. He was scheduled to work 7a-7a 12/25, post call 12/26 and 7a-7a 12/27. Apparently, working two 24-hour shifts back-to-back is illegal (not sure if this is just for his program or for all programs). Sooo....

he doesn't have to go in until 4pm on Christmas Day!!

So now we can wake up Christmas morning, open presents, have breakfast and go visit my dad's family until he needs to report. Good thing my family lives close by - we will drive separately to their house and he will just leave earlier than I do. Yay!!
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Mrs.K

You're having a Csection on Christmas Day!! Congratulations! I gave birth to our son on Christmas day in 2007!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lacy View Post
              You're having a Csection on Christmas Day!! Congratulations! I gave birth to our son on Christmas day in 2007!!
              Oh you have a Christmas baby - so your little boy will be two this year? What a fun age!
              Mrs. K actually gave birth a few days ago - she and baby boy are doing well (the pregnancy forum is another private forum)
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I will be enjoying my last (until retirement) extended holiday with DH! We will both be off of work/rotations until January 3rd! Don't worry I will treasure EVERY MINUTE!!!
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

hey now, privacy is only for everyone's protection. That's why we also have private places for medical students, for residents, and for attendings, too. We want people in residency to be able to complain in complete confidence about the jerky attendings and we attending spouses want a place to complain about the slacker residents.

(medicine is WAY too small, as we've all discovered over time. Everyone needs a private happy place to go)

and just so you know, we admins have locked ourselves out of those areas, too.

Jenn

Comment

??? Not sure what this is about, but I'm not in any private areas yet. It takes a while to get to 100 posts, when there aren't that many active threads in the public areas. After I get to 100, I'll get to know about sweater shavers and such.

Back to Christmas plans, my MIL decided not to come here for Christmas, and stay in her hometown with other relatives. [sarcasm on]I'm really disappointed.[sarcasm off]
                    I love the lady, but she's very bossy, and when it's my house, it makes me cranky to be bossed around.

Comment

You'll get there sooner than you'd think, trust me!

I'm rebooking my re-rebooked flights.

yay holiday travel.

Jenn

Comment

Good Luck DCJenn! The sun is finally out here and everything looks beautiful, except the driving conditions.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

DH is covering for himself and two other Attendings from 12-23 to 1-3. This on top of his usual ICU coverage. Oh the joy.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

??? Not sure what this is about, but I'm not in any private areas yet. It takes a while to get to 100 posts, when there aren't that many active threads in the public areas. After I get to 100, I'll get to know about sweater shavers and such.
                            I'm more than happy to tell you about sweater shavers now
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                              Sooner, you crack me up!
                              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X