Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grumble, grumble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumble, grumble....

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:06 AM.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

I just want to say that just stinks. I'm sorry.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

So sorry I just read your FB status, too...I know that you guys were looking forward to the new job because there would be less of this "not" on call business. I hope you can salvage a little bit of time tonight to spend together.

At least your DH isn't the jerk that they're afraid to call
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

People don't get to where your husband is professionally and personally because they refuse to go the extra mile. I'm sorry that he had to go in, but know that he's obviously one of those people that everyone knows they can count on!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

DH does it ALL OF THE TIME.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
              Does anyone else's DH or SO go in even when they're not on call?
              Ugh. This is part of why I'm glad DH is still leaning toward EM; if he went into something that had call, he would *totally* do what your DH did.

My sympathies.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Re: Grumble, grumble....

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I hate that your evening was ruined, especially when it means that someone else is "rewarded" for being a jerk. Enjoy your truffles, and I hope you get a do-over soon.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post

At least your DH isn't the jerk that they're afraid to call
                    I agree with this - although it doesn't make it any easier on you.
                    P and S sound a lot like the same person - I just hope that S is smart enough to make things up with some truffles A girl can dream right!

Comment

Wait. So the EM doc called your not on call husband because they are scared of the doc on call? Is this normal? Maybe this is a normal occurrence in the the attending world, we are not there yet, but sounds like he needs to get some balls. I think he was a jerk for calling your husband because he didn't want to work with the one on call. That sucks.
                      Last edited by Chrisada; 12-21-2009, 07:19 AM.

Comment

My husband would not go in, unless it was a close friend or family member that was ill. It's not his fault the other doc is nasty. People who go to the ER get whoever is on call. After 20 years in practice my husband has learned, for the most part, that his time off is just that. Time off. Family comes first.

Comment

Re: Grumble, grumble....

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
                            Does anyone else's DH or SO go in even when they're not on call?
                            Sadly, yes. Once in a while he picks up a patient that he sees exclusively or teams up with another doc and ends up going in to round on them. I am not in favor of this. It doesn't happen too often. This weekend was one of them.
                            Needs

Comment

Just want to say I am so sorry this happened!! On the bright side of things at least you have a loving husband who other people respect and appreciate! You could be married to the Jerk who they didn't want to call in! I am sure your DH's patients love him, and that is a great thing!
                              Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Working...
                              X