Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

stocking stuffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stocking stuffers

I got dh his first Christmas stocking (they don't do this in Germany), and he's super excited about what he'll find on Christmas morning in it. He keeps calling it a "Christmas boot."

We open gifts on Christmas Eve here. My parents always used to put something really special in our stockings for us to find on Christmas Day (er, Santa would do this, I mean).

Any ideas?

Dh thinks his stocking is going to be stuffed to the hilt. So, I'll stuff it with candy, too.
    married to an anesthesia attending

My kids like getting tangerines in addition to the candy. Maybe a Kinderegg too?

Comment

Card games
      Gift cards, itunes card
      Hand warmers - the kind you use outdoors when it's real cold, they're disposable
      Lip balm
      Package of microwave popcorn

Comment

My stocking, and now DF's, are stuffed with three types of things:
        1. Practical - Razor blades, floss, toothbrush, lotion etc. My mom used to say that those gifts in the stocking were from Mrs. Claus, as she also gifted the socks and underwear.
        2. Fun - mini kits of Legos (DF loves Legos), Matchbox cars, playing cards, a CD - whatever small, fun stuff can fit inside. These things were from Santa, since he gives all the cool gifts.
        3. CANDY - I usually put in Lindt truffles, some gelt (DF is part Jewish) and gum or other small candies.

Have fun with the stockings! They are more fun to put together than presents I think!!
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

That's a great idea! Something healthy. And they smell so nice, too.

Comment

Usually we stuff them with trinkets and candy.
            Kris

Comment

Lotto tickets? Like the scratch-off kind?
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                Have fun with the stockings! They are more fun to put together than presents I think!!
                I agree! DH and I should start doing stockings for each other. It's a lot if fun! My sister and I did them for our parents for a few years.

If you have a Container Store nearby, they have some really fun stocking stuffers for grown ups that aren't very expensive. You can also order them online, but you'd need to do expedited shipping. The $1 section at Target also has cute stuff. If he likes crossword puzzles or Sudoku, you could put a couple of those in, too.

Have fun!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Great ideas!

My parents used to just put one small gift in our stockings. I never understood how Santa got ahold of our wrapping paper...

Comment

In our family traditions, Santa doesn't believe in wrapping paper. He brings the big, "wow factor" un-wrappable gifts, as well as the last-minute gifts that he had no time to wrap.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                      In our family traditions, Santa doesn't believe in wrapping paper. He brings the big, "wow factor" un-wrappable gifts, as well as the last-minute gifts that he had no time to wrap.

My mom had us leave a roll of wrapping paper out for him on Christmas Eve.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                        Great ideas!

My parents used to just put one small gift in our stockings. I never understood how Santa got ahold of our wrapping paper...
                        And this is why I have a roll of dedicated Santa paper...
                        Kris

Comment

Our Santa gifts and stocking gifts were never wrapped, just left under the tree or in our stocking overnight.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Our Santa only uses plain red paper.

Comment

Socks, candy, Card games, little fun things ( one time i took a 10 to the bank and got all ones and stuffed those in there too) The dogs stockings are stuffed with bones, and they keep going over there and sniffing... it is so cute!!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X