Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I don't get out much...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get out much...

....and when I do (for a holiday party tomorrow), I get a big ol' zit right between the eyes.

I guess it doesn't matter what my bra looks like...

Any advice to get this big hurkin zit to go down by tomorrow?
    married to an anesthesia attending

I've heard that applying toothpaste (the white, pastey kind ... not the gel ) to it can help with the redness and help dry it out? And there's some other kind of product that I'm blanking on... I'll try to remember...
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Re: I don't get out much...

Originally posted by migirl
      I've heard that applying toothpaste (the white, pastey kind ... not the gel ) to it can help with the redness and help dry it out?
      I read this when I was in high school in Seventeen as something NOT to do, but the only reason they gave not to was because it would dry out your skin. I did a quick marginal analysis (hmm dry skin or acne? I vote dry skin*) and tried it out. It does work. Put it on over night, wipe off with a warm cloth in the morning. The zit might not be gone entirely, but in my experience it does at least go down/become less red. *I should note that I have oily skin, so if you have drier skin, just keep that in mind.

Obviously you don't want to put it on all over your face every night, but it's good for a quick fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Good ole shot of cortisone My derm told me that if a nasty sprouted up before my wedding - to go in and he'd take care of it!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Honey - but I think it has to be the good kind - not the processed in a plastic bear bottle kind. I bought mine at the health food store and have noticed that it does reduce swelling/redness.

I also read that tea can help too. Put a tea bag on said zit. I have not tried this one but know that the main thing is to reduce the swelling/redness so that you can hide it with make-up.

The ol cortisone is awesome but it too takes a day before the zit is gone plus it is $$.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Thanks, ladies. I remember Annie mentioned a long time ago to use a tea bag. So, I did it again this morning. And now we wait... I swear if I make myself go cross-eyed, I can actually see it. It might even get tv reception. Ugh!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Windex

(If for some reason you haven't seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, don't actually do this)
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Kinda late to say this, but I have the proactive refining mask, clay i think, and I use it as soon as I feel a zit coming. The next day it is gone! I love that stuff!!
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Windex

(If for some reason you haven't seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, don't actually do this)
                  OMG, I thought of this just before I scrolled down to your post.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Did the zit go away with the tea bag? I have never heard of that and I want to know if it works!!

Comment

Working...
                    X