Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question...

What is the pet therapy forum, and why is it private? and why are some of the forums private?

It's a forum where we discuss our fur-babies (pets). I'm not exactly sure why it's private, but there are a lot of questions that come up about our pets' health, and grieving when they pass away. We also tend to post more pictures there. So maybe because of the personal level, it's not something everyone is comfortable sharing with strangers and people just passing by the site.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

As for why some of the forums are private - the medical community is very small, especially some specialties within it. We have had people pose as medical spouses or just flat out troll for information so once we get to know a new member they are allowed access to those forums. We do that by requiring a minimum number of posts (100) which allows us to get a real feel, or as real as you can get online, for the person. Hang in there - you'll get there.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Well, that is good to know. Good thinking, whoever thought of the 100 ppst rule!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          It's a forum where we discuss our fur-babies (pets). I'm not exactly sure why it's private, but there are a lot of questions that come up about our pets' health, and grieving when they pass away. We also tend to post more pictures there. So maybe because of the personal level, it's not something everyone is comfortable sharing with strangers and people just passing by the site.
          Nope - it's private b/c we have a member who is also a vet who very graciously shares her opinions / occasionally gives advice (always with the caveat of not having examined your pet, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by thegirlnextdoor View Post
            Well, that is good to know. Good thinking, whoever thought of the 100 ppst rule!
            oops, i meant post.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
              Nope - it's private b/c we have a member who is also a vet who very graciously shares her opinions / occasionally gives advice (always with the caveat of not having examined your pet, of course).
              A vet and a private group to talk about our animals, I am in heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                Ah, that makes much more sense than my reasoning!
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I love the pet forum, I have two dogs and two cats. They are our empty nest (I'm one of the older members--------OK, the oldest). My DH and I have been married 10 years this year and he has been an Attending for 20 years, it still sucks big time on some days. This site is a life saver in many ways.
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh - I thought it was private so Vanquisher wouldn't have to see it!
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
                      Oh - I thought it was private so Vanquisher wouldn't have to see it!

Comment

I also like that forums are private because I can talk about things and know that not just anyone can see it. (Ex: if my sister, or a friend, were to know I use this site they couldn't just joint to see what I write). Not only is medicine small, but I also think the world is small!
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                          I love the pet forum, I have two dogs and two cats. They are our empty nest (I'm one of the older members--------OK, the oldest). My DH and I have been married 10 years this year and he has been an Attending for 20 years, it still sucks big time on some days. This site is a life saver in many ways.
                          I don't know, I may be older - DH has been out of residency since 1989, I'm 47.

Still working on the 100 posts!

Lynn

Comment

Nope- you fall smack dab between Luanne and me. I'm 43.

My husband was a late-bloomer though- he graduated from medical school in 2000.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                            X