Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anyone in Tacoma, WA or San Antonio, TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Tacoma, WA or San Antonio, TX?

Garrett scheduled his away clerkships today. He will be in Tacoma during August, then San Antonio in September. He was informed that he will do interviews while there. It's going to be very hard having him away for 8 weeks! Nicholas starts kindergarten in August also. I guess he has it well off though since Army match starts late fall it's good to get these done early fall.
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Originally posted by seaside*bliss View Post
    Garrett scheduled his away clerkships today. He will be in Tacoma during August, then San Antonio in September. He was informed that he will do interviews while there. It's going to be very hard having him away for 8 weeks! Nicholas starts kindergarten in August also. I guess he has it well off though since Army match starts late fall it's good to get these done early fall.
    Congrats! I am pretty sure we have some in San Antonio! What does Garrett want to do?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
      Congrats! I am pretty sure we have some in San Antonio! What does Garrett want to do?

Emergency Medicine

Comment

There are lots of us here in San Antonio.

I'm in one of the downtown historic districts. (Lavaca, next to the more famous one, King William. But we're older...)

Jenn

Comment

If we end up in San Antonio we will have to recruit some advice! I haven't ever been. I have been to Corpus Christi/North Padre several times and Austin once. I love Texas

Comment

If you come to SA, I'll hook you up with my friend Laura- her Realty company does rentals and sales. (and all over SA, not just downtown)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
              If you come to SA, I'll hook you up with my friend Laura- her Realty company does rentals and sales. (and all over SA, not just downtown)

Jenn

Good deal!!! I have done some research online and it seems like housing is pretty afforable down there.

Comment

Originally posted by seaside*bliss View Post
                Emergency Medicine
                Hm, I think the Madigan residents rotate through the UW ED, wonder if the med students do too? Your fiance could have my husband for an attending (he works a couple shifts a month in Seattle). In Tacoma you'd be nearly as close to our Portland contingent as to us north Seattle metro folks.
                Alison

Comment

Can't speak for San Antonio as I've never been there, but I'll give a shout out for T-town!
                  I'm not there now, but went to school there and I loved it. The North End is a great area.

I can relate with the 2 back to back away rotations--we just went through that ourselves this last fall. And funny, EM also...

PM me if there's anything specific you'd like to know, or want to chat more.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X