Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy VD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy VD!

Happy Valentine's Day! Does anyone have fun, romantic plans for tonight?

We had neighbors over last night for spiced german wine and a VD theme. I don't think we're going to do anything tonight. Our oldest daughter is at girl scout camp and can't babysit. LOL In any case, I think I'll just make a nice meal for all of us and share the day with Thomas and the kids.

How about you?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Happy Valentine's Day! DH is grilling some steaks, and we're having a nice, quiet dinner at home. We love to go out to eat, but we've almost always been disappointed by the service and/or limited menus on Valentine's Day at restaurants. And DH is an awesome cook!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

[QUOTE=PrincessFiona;471794[ a VD theme.[/QUOTE]

I am SO laughing at this.

I see you papering your walls with "sexually transmitted disease" awareness pamphlets, passing out "safe sex" materials, and giving away condoms as door prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
        I am SO laughing at this.

I see you papering your walls with "sexually transmitted disease" awareness pamphlets, passing out "safe sex" materials, and giving away condoms as door prizes.
        ROFL! That's exactly what I was afraid of saying! I was thinking "do I just have a dirty mind?"
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          ROFL! That's exactly what I was afraid of saying! I was thinking "do I just have a dirty mind?"
          Nope, I was right there with both of you.

Best text of the weekend: I just bought white chocolate vagina pops, want me to save you one?
          (My sister had gone to a vagina monologue performance)
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

This thread is cracking me up. Valentine's Day is low key here: I am finishing up some homework, DH is perpetually studying and maybe later I am going to waddle around the house and get the vacuuming done. (Snow outside, so we're staying in!)

Actually, I think tonight we'll cook dinner and dessert together tonight.

Happy Valentine's Day (or VD day...hehe) to everyone!
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! (Or as our friend whose last name IS Valentine puts it, "Happy Me Day")

DF is working until 7pm, but is bringing home Chinese since it is also Chinese New Year. Then we will exchange our cards and small gifts, followed by watching the Olympics until DF falls asleep at approximately 9:45pm.

We really celebrated yesterday: went to the jewelry store and picked out DF's wedding band. We had lobster ravioli with vodka sauce for dinner and then played Mario Kart Wii with friends online. The most time I've spent with him in a week! It was a nice day.
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We went out last night to a local tapas restaurant. It was yummy and we had a great bottle of wine. It was nice to get out among adults with no kids around!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We've got last minute reservations for a 9 PM dinner at our favorite restaurant. Since it is a Brazilian/Argentinian place, we figure we will just go for that cool late night Latin dinner thing. Kids are off school tomorrow, so my son can be in charge and we can linger. Hope it turns out to be a nice night. So far today, we've slept late, hit the gym and played a massive board game with the kids. A great day!

Happy V-D, everybody.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

DH is making crab legs and shrimp for dinner. He also got me flowers and chocolates. But those will be in the freezer until I am off of my diet. And our Girl Scouts cookies came! I am using every ounce of strength in me not tear into any of these goodies!

Comment

We love to go out to eat, but we've almost always been disappointed by the service and/or limited menus on Valentine's Day at restaurants
                      We went out last night--all they had was a prix fixe menu for $48 each--DF didn't know that when he made reservations. It was still amazingly yummy, but very "artistic" (small portions). We went dutch
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                        I was thinking these guys might have made good decorations for the theme: http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/main/venereals/

DH worked last night and will work tonight. The kids and I made him a construction paper card; he gave me a sweet little pendant on a cord that he bought from a local artist friend. If he's awake in time for dinner he can share our pasta with vodka sauce.
                        Alison

Comment

Great day here. Taught CCD with the family, Mass, DH and I renewed our wedding vows and a valentine party with lots of yummy food at moms. Now Olympics with the kiddos and some alone time with hubby later.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I feel like a giddy girl, when I saw VD i giggled. LOL
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                              DH and I renewed our wedding vows
                              That is SO romantic!!!! How fun!
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X