Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rank list submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank list submission

Tonight is the deadline for submitting rank lists.

I'm at peace with our order, just hoping I can stay focused at work for the next 19/22 days - I have a feeling it is going to be a looooooong three weeks wondering!

I'm trying to set some goals/tasks to accomplish before match day to keep myself distracted... anyone have any good ideas how to try and pass the time without going crazy waiting?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Good luck to all of you that are matching!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

umm.. you could start packing up unnecessary items. That is if all your potential matches will require a move. That's my only suggestion. Good luck with the match!!
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
        umm.. you could start packing up unnecessary items. That is if all your potential matches will require a move. That's my only suggestion. Good luck with the match!!
        Matching will require a move as there is no NSG program here, but until March 15, I don't want to start packing.... although I am trying to clean out so that packing will be easier.

Comment

Is anyone else's DH worried that the list will magically un-certify...or is mine the only crazy one?

I am just staying busy at work, and counting down the time in weeks rather than days...I have plans every weekend between now and then, so that helps to have things to look forward to!
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Best wishes to all of those waiting for match results!!

A couple ideas to help pass the time: Make plans to spend time with friends while you can. Also, especially if you're planning on having to move, go see/do the things you've wanted to in your current city but never found the time. March thru June will go a lot quicker than you will realize. Once you find out where you're headed a lot of time will be devoted to job and housing searching, packing, and then before you know it, it'll be graduation. It goes really fast!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
              Is anyone else's DH worried that the list will magically un-certify...or is mine the only crazy one?
              Haha! That was so me when DH was an MS4! I kept asking him "Are you sure it's submitted? Do you think you should check it again?'

I agree with radwife - I miss my friends so much! We still live close enough for weekend visits, but we were used to hanging out at least 2-3 times a week.

Good luck everyone!!!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

No advice, but oh do I remember the waiting well. Good luck 4th year spouses!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                  This was DF too!! Obviously it didn't uncertify, we matched.

I think radwife has the right idea - do all kinds of things that you can only do in your current location, because as soon as Match Day comes, you are going to become completely preoccupied with moving, jobs, graduation, etc. Wish we had followed this advice, although we are only 2 hours from where he went to med school.

The rank lists have closed as of 9 PM EST, so it's official: your match is all up to the computer algorithm! Good luck!!
                  Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Re: Rank list submission

So at 9:30p EST last night, DH told his mom his top 10 in order. After they hung up, I asked what she thought. "She hopes we match in the Midwest. [pause] Why did we rank [small NYC program] #3 again?"
                    *facepalm*
                    My response: "Because you really liked the program; the residents get a lot of operating experience, and the city would be excellent for my career"
                    "oh yeah. [pause] But NY is so expensive."
                    "Yes, but they pay more, have reduced housing for residents, and I already have a job here that pays twice as much as I would probably make elsewhere."
                    "Yeah, that's true."

oi vey. Please don't tell me I'm going to have to keep reminding him why we ranked how we ranked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

DH had to check the list around 8:30 last night just to make sure... I was kind of surprised at that!

I am going to try and go and see places that we haven't gotten around to, I think I may also spend some time putting together a scrapbook of all the places DH visited (I had him take pictures at each place and he kept all the info). And then of course I have a few organizing projects. So hopefully getting all these things done in the next three weeks will keep me DISTRACTED (hopefully).

Comment

Good luck to all!
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Just wondering... I know on the NSG forum applicants anonymously post their rank lists - do any other specialty forums (like orthogate) do that too?

Comment

Re: Rank list submission

Originally posted by MarissaNicole
                            Just wondering... I know on the NSG forum applicants anonymously post their rank lists - do any other specialty forums (like orthogate) do that too?
                            Not on orthogate. After the match, they'll sometimes post their stats and how they matched in tiers. Sometimes they'll name programs as in "one of these 5"; they typically only name the specific program if they match at their #1, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Good luck, everyone!

The only advice I have is to stay as busy as possible until the match is announced. During that two day scramble period, cram in as many physically draining activities as possible. Your S/O will drive you insane for those couple days between the announcement that they matched and the day where they find out specifically where.

Comment

Working...
                              X