Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hey Everyone, I have been completely MIA for the past few months. Though I haven't posted much I have been reading along with what everyone is up to. Here is quick update as to where I have been

Some of you may remember I was trying to decide whether to take the plunge an open up a shop here in our new residency location (dh is year 1 of a 6 year program.) Well, I took the plunge. I ended up purchasing a store (what is one more loan?) that is 1 mile from our house and sells wedding invitations, stationery and other paper items. I combined it with my current online business of entertaining and gift items and have been running around like crazy trying to finalize the transition.

With one month under my belt I am less freaked out by the idea of owning a business, but still worried about the finances of course. I absolutely love love love going into work everyday (tues-sat 10-6). Right now it is pretty much a one man show, so printing invitations and stationery in house and taking custom orders has taken over all my extra time. I do have one girl that helps out here and there. It has been a great fit since DH has been consumed with intern year.

I am still lurking around and will hopefully get back to posting more as things get more settled. I am throwing a grand reopening in June, but have had the doors open since the day we closed on the business deal! I have attached a few photos of the shop.

I am sorry I have been so slack, but congratulations to all of you who have matched, or are transitioning out of residency and found jobs, or even to those of you who are about to just make it through one more year! All of your daily insights, jokes, and advice make getting through residency a bit easier.
    Attached Files

I love your shop! Beautiful! Congratulations!!
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

cute cute cute! Congratulations!
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

So glad to hear from you, and congratulations on the store!!! It is really cute! Good luck!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Way to go!
          Good luck...I hope it's a success!
          It looks great

Comment

That is Awesome!! Congrats! Its great to hear from you.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              Wait! Is that by the Pilates place and Sunset Grill? I used to buy stationery there!
              Yes, That is it! The owner had a baby last year and decided she wanted to stay home....it was perfect timing.

Comment

Congratulations, I love the store.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!! I wish you much success!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Re: Update

Congratulations! Your store looks amazing... I wish I had the nerves to jump in head first with something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations Kelly - good for you! I hope your husband's intern and PGY-2 years are/will go ok!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Wow, congrats, that's amazing! The store is beautiful! Its wonderful to hear you are enjoying it so much! We look forward to when you have more time and can stop by more often!
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Congrats! The store looks beautiful!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

The store looks fantastic!

Comment

Congratulations on taking such a big step. I admire it. I think being an entrepeneur and your own boss (while sometimes scary) can be tremendously rewarding. Good luck!!!
                              Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Working...
                              X