Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Southwest Business Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Business Select

Is the Southwest Business Select worth the extra 10-30 fee? I will fly and see DH a few times on each rotation, but I have a huge fear of flying. So he is looking for anything that could make the flying easier on me. I have flown before but never by myself.

http://www.southwest.com/nick/business_select.html
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I could be totally wrong, but I thought business select just meant you were in the first 15 to board. Isn't Southwest still first come first serve?

ETA: If you don't like worrying about being in C and having a middle seat, then I guess its worth the money, but I don't find flying alone, you end up in that situation often. Its really up to you. I just have to say, the SW people are usually the nicest airline people I have met.
    Last edited by L.Jane; 04-24-2010, 02:34 PM.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, when DH was working with the FAA (before med school), SW was THE airline that the FAA guys chose to fly for personal use. And, we have a family member who was furloughed after working for United for several years. He doesn't have enough captains hours to even apply for SW. They really make sure their pilots are experienced.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Right - there is nothing about "business select" that would make flying any easier for someone who is afraid (save the drink, which you can buy on board). You can avoid being in C by diligently checking in online 24 hours ahead of your flight. The extra flight credit would be nice especially if you're close to earning an extra ticket. But again, nothing that would make flying less uncomfortable or scary for those with anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
          Is the Southwest Business Select worth the extra 10-30 fee? ]
          Nope.

I luv (pun intended ) flying SW but I fly them so much that I have figured out the best seats, how to get in the coveted A group, and always make sure to get the flights with the least stops. I also give out my drink coupons and have made friends. The college girl that house/pup sits is the daughter of a woman who I gave a coupon. Anyway, if you are flying solo and make sure you check in online at 23 hrs and 59min before, I think you will enjoy SW. The staff has always been friendly and attentive...plus no ck in bag fee. I hate flying AA, Delta or Continental - the staff usually seems to be annoyed with passengers and act like they hate their job.

Don't forget to sign up for Rapid Rewards!
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Yep- SWA is my airline of choice, too. Business Select is great if you want to make sure that you get an A seat (i.e. are one of the first to board) but is it worth the extra 10 bucks? For me it is when I'm traveling with the dude because we've been in situations where we were unable to get boarding passes at hour 23:59 and ended up forcing people to change seats so we could sit together. (for some reason no one wanted to sit next to my five-year old with out me there!)

Jenn

Comment

I only fly SWA with two kids. For some reason DH loves Business Select and will book me for it. It is convenient if you have children since Business Select now boards before families, which I hate. Otherwise, I'd just check in early to get in the A group.

Comment

Working...
              X