Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

St. Louis area people okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis area people okay?

I saw there was a tornado warned area slamming through downtown right now--jeez! I hope everybody is safe and dry!

Good luck to the Alabama and Georgia people tonight too!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Pretty sweet sky! Dark scud clouds, rain bands, small hail. There was a funnel cloud that I reported on 270 / Manchester. Pushing northeast. Seems to me that most of the tornadic activity has died down mainly a wind producer. Nice bow echo.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

According to CNN Mississippi got hit really bad by a tornado today. The season has officially started. I fear with how bad the weather has been this year in all areas that Tornadoes are going to be wild and plentiful. http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/0...ex.html?hpt=T1
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Des Peres police request assistance after tornado damages headquarters. So I guess while I am thinking this is a weak tornadic storm, it hits about less than 1 mile from my house. As someone one the tornado survey team in STL, I am going to go check out it, I will post pics!
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

There was a tornado here?

The local news is so incredibly bad, I never watch. All I knew about was the bad tornado that hit Mississippi...

Comment

I would not call it a tornado, straight line winds that knocked out power, trees and the roof of the Des Peres Police Department. The local news always goes overboard.
            Brandi

Comment

We had some crazy hail early Saturday morning- and the temperatures dropped by some insane amount. Crazy weather. Glad everyone is reporting in safe and sound.

Jenn

Comment

Another large tornadic situation starting to form outside of STL. Will post back later. Going chasing!!
                Brandi

Comment

There's a tornado here?

I really need to start paying closer attention....

Comment

Not yet there isn't, but there is a warning southwest and heading northeast. Just be on the lookout, I am going to have to add you to the people I email when severe weather is coming. LOL
                    Brandi

Comment

We are under a tornado watch. This kind of stuff only happens when DH is at work (except right now he's at work in Vegas). I have such a strong feeling that I'm gonna get the kids all to sleep in their beds, and then have to get them up for an upgrade to a warning. Keeping my fingers crossed that this system just goes by without much drama.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Looks like the whole south and mississippi river valley is really going to be hit. Tornado sirens going off in Little Rock Arkansas.
                        Brandi

Comment

Brandi - What do you think about Bloomington IL?
                          Should I just start them out with a basement camp-out?
                          Love spring here, just not tornadoes.
                          -Deb

Comment

The storms are starting to scatter and lose strength, but they are moving fast, very fast. So they could get there before they dissipate. If it is easier for you then I say camp out. I would think the main storm would not be there till around 10-11pm. But they are moving so fast it is hard to tell. The other issue is they are producing lots of rain, so it is hard to tell what is going on. Very Very dangerous day to be chasing. Since the tornado is headed to my home I am calling it quits and will be taking shelter shortly.

Oh and I hate TV weatherman, I could slap them. All the do is scar the crap out of people and are not informative. (small rant )
                            Brandi

Comment

Thank you! Still haven't decided what to do. I also hate TV weather forecasts - they seem to always be wrong!!!!
                              -Deb

Comment

Working...
                              X