Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

blackberry help!?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackberry help!?!?!?!?

cut and paste from my facebook

my (very generously given to me by an attending) dinosaur G2 iphone died last night. i'm so sad!!! anyhow, i'm now using eric's old blackberry and don't have a clue as to how it functions! i'm figuring it out slowly, but wondering about texting. i keep getting a message that says, "radio is off, can only save as a draft..."
    heeelllppppp meeeeeee!!!!

i've had this phone for two years. i don't know what to do without a touch screen. boo! does anyone know what i can do to fix the radio error message i'm getting? i googled it, but what was suggested, didn't work.

thoughts? thanks.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

I got that the other day - i took out the battery, and restarted the phone...good luc - Hate my BBerry >
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

thanks, i'll try. did it work for you?

Comment

Yup! Also, make sure that you don't let it go dead - it will turn off the radio to save battery power.

About once a day, I utter the phrase, "I hate you phone, I hate you so much". One more month until we get iPhones...sigh...
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

yay! thank you, it worked. duh...so simple. it did give me the error message about low battery/radio thing this morning. it was dead dead dead, as it's only used as a back up for emergency reasons. i have an upgrade to the $100 iphone in july. well, the other new iphone too, but so not spending that amount of money on one.
          i may hit you up for other questions, if you don't mind. dh doesnt remember how to use it either.

thanks!

Comment

Not a problem! Glad it worked!
            Jen

Comment

You can usually find the manual online as a pdf file, if all else fails. Not that I read the manual

Comment

Miss my BBerry hate my IPhone. I could get work done by making my phone calls while commuting - I could call people by feeling the buttons with one hand. Can't do that with the Iphone without taking my eyes away from the road. Has totally reduced my productivity in that regard. For fun stuff, yes, I agree the IPhone is the way to go. For work...I prefer the Berry - could type so much faster too. Miss mine.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

i'm still not liking it. so...how does one turn OFF the vibrate and have a ring? cant figure it out. of course, i could look for that online manual.

i was messing with my ipone and if i hold down the circle power button, it shows an itunes sigh with a power cord flashing. i'm hopeful that i can connect, when dh gets home, and *maybe* save my contacts, pictures, notes, favorites, etc, etc, etc. i'm sad MORE about what i lost, than the actual phone being dead. the apple lights up, but other than that and the itunes thing, i've got nothing.

Comment

on mine, you can scroll over to the right and select the little speaker icon. various choices will then come up for ring, vibrate, etc!
                    Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X