Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gores -- Are you kidding me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gores -- Are you kidding me??

Al and Tipper Gore announced today that they are getting divorced after 40 years of marriage.

Who gets divorced after 40 years?! Holy cow. I really hope this does not involve anyone named Ashley or Rielle. The situation with Elizabeth Edwards was disconcerting enough.

I am a diehard democrat, but I would be hard pressed to put up with his ego for 40 years.

ETA: Why do these things have to be announced? It isn't as if he is a sitting president or some such... I just don't care about his personal life. Or anyone elses for that matter.
    Kris

Comment

So depressing. 40 years? Just crazy.
      Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
        I would be hard pressed to put up with his ego for 40 years.

ETA: Why do these things have to be announced? It isn't as if he is a sitting president or some such... I just don't care about his personal life. Or anyone elses for that matter.
        Ain't that the truth!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I always wonder why people divorce after such a long marriage. One of Dh's partners is divorcing after 40+ years of marriage (they're in their 70s). Why now? I actually like Al Gore although I do see how some people are turned off by his ego. Very sad. I don't care who you are, divorce is just sad.
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

This is a bit of a non-sequitor but I've been wondering where our most famous environmental windbag has been on the BP oil spill...

[Note: "windbag" refers in no way to whether I believe his message or not. it refers to the fact that he likes to hear himself speak. preferrably to large crowds]
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe View Post
              I always wonder why people divorce after such a long marriage. One of Dh's partners is divorcing after 40+ years of marriage (they're in their 70s). Why now?
              This would be my question. Why now?

ETA: And with "famous" people I think the only reason they make announcements is because one of them is going to be seen with someone else. So which one already has a someone else???
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                Lock box.
                Lock box? As in safety deposit box?
                Kris

Comment

What?
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

**snicker at the "lockbox" remark**

I always thought SNL should have done a skit on Al wooing Tipper. Sort of lecturing her into love.

I am sorry to hear of the break-up of anyone's marriage, though.

Comment

Loved the "lock box" and "strategery" debate. Some of the best SNL ever. Still, I keep thinking that we were snickering at that lock box....and now I'd imagine the idea of locking up the SS funds for future seniors and not using it in the general budget would be pretty popular with a large voting block. And they wouldn't be the Democrats.

I remember being shocked that Robert Redford got divorced after so long -- and Mel Gibson, too. I mean, what happened? Did they just come home finally and the wife said "I liked you better when you were busy and gone all the time and I could live my own life?" That's what I imagine. After the career years wind down, the spouses have to find a new routine together and sometimes that doesn't happen. Actually, I've seen it happen in the medical marriages too after a workaholic slows down or retires-- so it is on topic here!
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My parents were "happily" married for 34 years, but the last 2 years have been horrible... no divorce yet, but they fight so much I keep waiting for it.... so it doesn't surprise me too much that people would divorce after 40 years. Even after all that time, there are good times, and bad times....

Comment

It's getting weirder...last year, one of the Gore daughters divorced. Then, last week, the announcement about Al and Tipper. Today, it was announced that the other Gore daughter and her husband have separated. That family must be in a lot of pain...three divorces in a year?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                            It's getting weirder...last year, one of the Gore daughters divorced. Then, last week, the announcement about Al and Tipper. Today, it was announced that the other Gore daughter and her husband have separated. That family must be in a lot of pain...three divorces in a year?
                            Oh my gosh, that is just so very sad. I cannot even imagine what is going on in that family.
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Al cheated...

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/20...sident-al.html
                              Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Working...
                              X