Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Since you handled the 4 yr old hairstyle.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since you handled the 4 yr old hairstyle.....

... what about a 11 year old? My daughter has long straight hair. It is thick but gets limp when it is too long. Currently, it is about three inches above her waist. She has decided that she wants to get it cut "in layers". I think what she means is she wants an actual hairstyle. She is not that good at taking care of it herself. (I end up braiding it or putting it back when it gets messy.) She is very active. She is also just at the phase when girls start to want to be "girls". She is shopping now and getting in to fitness and fashion. I've never been the girly type - so how should I advise her on the hair?

I'm making an appointment for her next week. We've looked at pictures and she likes a shoulder length long layered bob - but she also likes many others. Ideas welcome!!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Shoulder length layered bob is a good look for her age. Since she's active it can easily be pulled or braided back and isn't as heavy or in the way as her super long hair could be. I have similar straight thick hair that goes limp if too long so I keep it shoulder length or chin length with layers and it works well with not much upkeep. I mean, who am I kidding, I barely brush it and it still looks nice. Let us know what she settles on.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I completely agree with the shoulder length hair. I would put a few layers with the shortest being at chin length. Also if she is starting to care more, sweep bangs are the big thing. Nice thing about them is you can still put them back for sports and stuff like that.
      [IMG]file:///Users/brandi/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]b-shoulder-lauren-conrad-0150601.jpga%20Teen%20girls%20hairstyle.jpg
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

If she wants to keep it long, have it cut in long layers. Otherwise, I like the pics Brandi posted.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I like the pictures Brandi posted. Wow, they grow up way too quickly!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Heck, I'm going to save those pictures Brandi!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X