Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grateful Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grateful Dead

Just got back from this concert!!!!!! It was wonderful.

Grateful Dead / Furthur

Grateful Dead members Phil Lesh & Bob Weir are embarking on a musical adventure with their new band Furthur. Fans can expect Lesh & Weir to push the musical envelope with jaw-dropping improvisations and loving renditions of Grateful Dead classics, with an all star band that includes keyboardist Jeff Chimenti, drummer Joe Russo (Benevento - Russo Duo, Trey Anastasio), and guitarist John Kadlecik (Dark Star Orchestra).
    New and old fans of the Grateful Dead alike will be entranced as Phil & Bob take the musical journey "furthur", exploring some of the Grateful Dead's most beloved songs in a tour that promises to keep the feet stomping and the bodies shaking.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Cool!

Comment

Very nice!! I had no idea they were touring.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I was never a real deadhead, but love the music. I'm a bigger Pink Floyd fan. The people we went with are really deadheads, and I did dance most of the time!!!
        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

bet we could all find some shows we were at in common - I was at about 50 shows between 85 and 95.
          (my claim to fame is that I defended my dissertation the morning after garcia died - my friends made sure not to tell me until afterwards...that night I went to see santana - it was all very poignant)
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

I had to call my SIL to make sure she was OK the day that Garcia died. My mom went over there to check on her! (Barb sold grilled cheeses and frozen pops at the concerts so I'm sure you all would have crossed paths at some point!)

Jenn

Comment

Santana was one of my first ever concerts!! Followed by Stephen Stills.

I took my daughters to their first concert (Meatloaf) followed by Phish with backstage passes (their Dad worked with Trey Anastasio's Dad. He used to practice in their garage while in high school). This made me one of THE coolest moms.
              Luanne

Comment

Being the child of the 1980's that I am, my first concert was A Flock of Seagulls and The Fixx. I'm just that cool.

Jenn

Comment

Fluff - I had a friend who called in "sad" to work when Garcia died. And none of us questioned this statement from him. At all. I lost count of the number of shows he had attended.
                  Kris

Comment

Working...
                  X