Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chicago area spouses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago area spouses?

Don't know if i'm posting in the right forum, but i'm just curious if anyone is the Chicago area. Moved here right before residency and haven't met anyone. Life is pretty lonely right now, but I assume i'll get used to it.

Kelly

Originally posted by neuro_wife View Post
    Don't know if i'm posting in the right forum, but i'm just curious if anyone is the Chicago area. Moved here right before residency and haven't met anyone. Life is pretty lonely right now, but I assume i'll get used to it.

Kelly
    Hi Kelly! Have you introduced yourself in the "introductions" forum? If you already have I apologize for the questions, I assume your married to a neuro resident? If so what year? Do you work? Do you have kids?

We had a few Chicagoans here in the past few years but I think most of them have recently moved.
    Last edited by MarissaNicole; 07-12-2010, 07:04 AM.
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I sent you a private message - hopefully you got it, sometimes figuring out these forums and whatnot is confusing.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I don't live in the Chicago area now, but lived there for four years awhile back and loved it there! How do you like Chicago? I can give you some recs in the area if you need them, or fun outing/restaurant recs!

Comment

We just moved away from Evanston a few weeks ago, unfortunately. I wanted to say hi and welcome!
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'm in Chicago. Where in the Chicago area do you live?
            Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

We moved away from Chicago a little over a year ago.

There's tons to do in the summer there, although it's awfully hot and muggy, as I'm sure you now know!

What part of town do you live in?
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Hi and Welcome!
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We're in Bloomington, IL (about 1 1/2 hrs from Chicago), but grew up in the NW suburbs of Chicago and am there very frequently. I hate to admit that my hometown is probably the least friendly place we've ever lived. That being said, there is so much to do in Chicago in the summer with festivals, etc. Where are you guys living? What program are you at? I have three small kids, but would definitely be up for a get-together.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I'm in Chicago, have lived here since 2002. Started in Hyde Park, currently live in West Town. I keep pretty busy, and dragged my high school friends up here with me, so I'm probably not the best "meet new people" resource, but if there's anything I can do to help you get settled in just ask!
                    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Working...
                    X