Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Or, you can get it for free...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or, you can get it for free...

OK, so I saw this article online today...discussing pricey bottled water. Get a-load of these.

People, it's WATER!!

Cloud Juice
    $11.36

Why so much? They say it's 9,750 drops of rain drops. Cheesy but could it be true? Either way, this rain water hasn't hit ground and the company claims that it is the cleanest rain water in the world, collected in King Island, Australia.

Berg
    $11.67

Why so much? Ancient Canadian iceberg water. Canada, by the way, claims the second-best water in the world.

10 Thousand BC
    $12.50

Why so much? Apparently it takes a glass-lined ocean barge three days to arrive at the source of this water along the Coastal Glacier Mountain Range 200 miles north of Vancouver.

Finé
    $20

Why so much? Japan ranks as another top habitat for water. This bottle comes from an aquifer found by the family-owned company that they believe perfectly represents the healing mineral water of Japan.

Crazy! Heh, if you can find enough suckers to buy it at that price, go for it...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I can't imagine buying water regularly. I am so cheap.
      Kris

Comment

I once heard a debate about the changes the internet had brought to the music industry. The music industry rep was saying that it was impossible to make money in a market where people could just get the music for free online. The comeback from the other side was "Explain the bottled water industry." Stopped them dead. Literally. It was a great debate moment. You really can sell everything with the right pitch. People (including me) buy things for all the wrong reasons. We are not logical. Not at all.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm sure most buy it because they feel cool carrying it. It's like a handbag.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I drink it straight out of the tap in my Sigg water bottle. But our water comes out of the Edwards aquifer and it tastes fabulous. Even after getting through the 100 year old cast iron pipes under my house. Marketing- it is a skill.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I'm sure most buy it because they feel cool carrying it. It's like a handbag.
              Haha...this is me and my "Klean Kanteen" I've had for years!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Haha...this is me and my "Klean Kanteen" I've had for years!
                I will admit to a little obsession with stainless steel water bottles...but they are the price of one of these disposable ones!
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  I will admit to a little obsession with stainless steel water bottles...but they are the price of one of these disposable ones!
                  Funny because we have some of the SS bottles and I do NOT like the way the water tastes in them... I tend to reuse the water bottles that I got from the bike store. They don't leak and promote bicycling!
                  Kris

Comment

Back to the original post: Is this price per gallon (to compare with gasoline/milk costs) or is this price per bottle? Just curious. I'm always stunned at costs per gallon numbers - but they are a bit misleading since we don't usually buy the product in gallon form.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                      But our water comes out of the Edwards aquifer and it tastes fabulous.
                      You realize that I live vicariously through you, right?

**I miss Texas.**

Comment

Well come on back- my friends Bradley and Tasha would love to double the number of conservatives in the 'hood! (Bradley wants to make a float for the Fiesta parade through the 'hood that says "Gun-toting, God-fearing, Meat-Eating Conservatives of Southtown. Two and Counting." and he wants my next door neighbor the aforementioned Tasha on the float next to him in her Daughters of the Republic of Texas garb. I keep telling them to do it. It would be hilarious.)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X